Aspire/Festiva/Fiesta Possibly one of the original "sub compacts" this car offered amazinf fuel economy.

2012 Fiesta (Colombia/Mexico) radio not funtioning

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 12:14 PM
Question 2012 Fiesta (Colombia/Mexico) radio not funtioning

My girlfriends Fiesta radio will not play any music at all.

I can turn the head unit on and off and I can insert a CD and eject a CD but it will not play it. No error message. Also when I press the Radio button nothing happens at all. The Sat button will display "Radio Satelital no disponible" which makes sense since the car is not equipped with Satellite radio.

With the radio off I can access the menu for changing date and time so I know the navigation and other buttons are working.

Anyone else see this problem before? I did a lot of google searches but was not successful in finding a fix or anyone mentioning the same problem she is having.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The diagnostic report from ford show two error codes: U0193 Lost Communication with Digital AUDIO Control Module A. And U1A00 Private Bus Circuit.

At the top of the report it reads:

SMARTBOX: 983290419530
Test system:usaford
Automatically Search->FCDIM (Front Control/Display Interface Module)
->Read Fault Data

I told her to get the exact part number from Ford on what is bad but it sounds to me that the dash control unit is faulty? Ford will not give the part number of the defective part for some reason.