Aspire/Festiva/Fiesta Possibly one of the original "sub compacts" this car offered amazinf fuel economy.

Front Wheel Bearing Trouble, No help from auto mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Default Front Wheel Bearing Trouble, No help from auto mechanic

95 Aspire Drivers side front wheel bearing went out. Read online where there have to be specific size shims added to make sure the bearings have the propper tourque so I took it to the auto mechaninc. At the counter I mentiond that "I guess there's supposed to be shims in there" and the guy said "I don't think so." That had me worried but I had them replace it anyway. Well, the next day I was going down the freeway and the bearing went out again. The car was making noise and wobbling all over. Got it back to the mechanic and they replaced it again. Well, now it's making noise AGAIN. They said that if it goes out again the spindle will have to be replaced and they checked and couldn't find one and told me good luck finding one, like they didn't want anything to do with it anymore. So now I'm thinking I might find the special tool needed and buy the shims and try to replace the bearing myself. I'm wondering if they added shims to the bearing at the mechanics. If not, I'll be pissed since I told them about them. If so, then mybe the axle does need to be replaced. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do here?
Thanks guys.