Audio / Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Amplifiers placement in '03 Ranger

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 08:26 AM
Default Amplifiers placement in '03 Ranger

I have an '03 Ranger with the extended cab. I have stereo equipment I pulled from a '95 Dakota... amps, wiring harnesses, etc. While I was able to use most of it, I am finding placing the amplifiers very difficult. I don't want them exposed, I was hoping to place them under the seats as I had them in my Dakota. To my dismay, The amps are too large to situateon the lumpy floor under the seats. I do not want to lose them since they are great amps, I really don't want to bolt them to the side pocket doors behind the seats, or add a sub box to attach them too. It seems like I will have to if I want to keep them. The only problem I can see with mounting them to the doors is rattling and the possibility of damage to a potentially long cable harness to allow full opening of the doors to access the jack and jumper cables. I like my audio loud but hidden. I was wondering if anyone else came upon this issue or not. The amps' sizeare about 12"Lx9"Wx3"H. They may be a bit smaller since the doors allow ample room for mounting.