Audio / Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Install of Aftremarket CD Player with a Premium Sound System

Old 12-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Default Install of Aftremarket CD Player with a Premium Sound System

I have a 2003 Sport Trac and trying to install a Sony after market system. My Sport Trac cam with the premium system with 6 cd changer and subwoofer. On the new harness I recieved it has plugs for an amp. Does the Premium system contain an amp to power the SUB? I'm EL Stupid at this so don't laugh.

There are 2 plugs on the back of the stock 6 DiscCD playerone is for standard wiring like speakers and power. The other appears to be for the amp and Sub but I'm not sure and want to be confident that it is. If so the harness for the after market Sony I bought only has one RCA jack and it is red, I know this goes into the back of the Sony but what rca plug there are 2 reds and 2 white plug in's? Also it has 2 other wires and I want to assume that one is for the Amp power and the other is for the ground.

Has anyone installed an after market CD player into this vehicle with the premium system? If so can someone help me please.

Thanks
Jeff

You can also email replies to: roush17@embarqmail.com