Concept & Rumor Mill Heard you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in.

Ford will go out of business, unless?

Old 12-05-2005, 05:29 PM
Default Ford will go out of business, unless?

How is it that the big 2 are shutting down plants all over the US, I think its because they make a different vehicle for every area of the auto makret, that sounds kind of stupid I know. Remember when the Ford Explorer and Ranger were the same vehicle other than the ranger had a bed and two less doors, they shared the same Frame, suspension, interior, body cosmetics, and engine choices. The F150 and Bronco were the same way back in the day and the F150's body and interior was the same as the 250 and 350. Now the Ranger is completly different than the explorer and the F150 and 250's and 350's are completly different. Ford has added the sport tract, took the time to design that god awfull bed that hangs on the back of it when the ranger was always there just waiting to be made into a crew cab, i mean how hard would that have been. What company is going to buy a sport tract for its employees to work out of. Every other auto maker took there mid size truck and made into a crew cab and ford has still not done it with the ranger, I will be the first to say that if i was in the market for a mid size crew cab the sport tract would be the last on my list even though it has ford on the front of it, the thing is just ugly. Somebody please tell me why in the hell Ford makes the 3.0L engine and it is completly different in the ranger, escape and taurus. In the ranger it has 150HP and in the escape it has 190HP, why is that? How can Ford take the number one selling mid size truck for i dont know how many years it was and just forget about it for the past 13 years, i consider the 93 ranger the same as the 2006. How stupid are all the over priced executives at Ford to not see that if you take the Ranger and explorer and make them the same that that would SAVE MONEY, how could it not save money to ford and at the same time the consumer if you combine the two like the days of old, just look at Nissan, the frontier, x-terra and pathfinder are the same vehicle for the most part and that has got to save nissan money in the long run. If you take the ranger and explorer and the front end, frame and interior are the same it would save money, the same goes for the 150 through 450. I know ford wants to be different than the others but its not working and it has to cost a ton of money to have completely different vehicles. Look at chevy and dodge the heavy duty trucks share the same body and interior with the 1/2 ton trucks, dont get me wrong both the f150 and the 250 -350 look great but its crunch time and its time to save money. I just thought i would post what i thought about the matter, I dont see why ford has to make so many different versions of what i think are the same vehicle's, it has got to cost a ton of money to do so and if ford could make the ranger and explorer the same today and as long as it was tops in its class in exterior, interior and mechanical designe it would sell and it wouldnt cost as much to produce. why does the outside have to be different, ford could still make the explorer luxurious on the inside. If ford would take the ranger and explorer and the f150-350 and make them the same other than mechanicaly when it comes to the f150-350 it has got to save money and then if ford is not stupid and takes that money that they save and pass it along to the consumer, the consumer would buy the Ford, who wouldnt buy a explorer,ranger,f150,250 or 350 that was built the same if not better than the competition and be able to buy it for less. Someone please tell ford to stop with the if i add this to my truck i have to add these four other things i dont want.

Old 01-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Default RE: Ford will go out of business, unless?

people do not want everything to be the same or interchangable between vehicles, everyone want the latest and greatest. too many different designes isn't the problem, the problem is all our stupid *** so called fellow Americans that choose to buy all the foregin cars/trucks. if these people would get there head out of there *** and suport american companies our economy would not be where it is today. some people are just plain stupid and do not realize that all these foregin cars are costing Americans jobs. I know a-lot of theses idiots claim "this car was made here" but what they don't understand is that the profits from the car/truck are going right back to the foregin lands to support there enonomy, not ours. I wish our government would add some kind of tax to all foregin car sales in the U.S. We have a gas guzzler tax...Why not a I'm stupid and want a foregin car tax?

By the way, ford has been making crewcab rangers for years in mexico and thailland. They will not pass the U.S. crash standrads so they are not available here.

Old 01-22-2006, 11:20 PM

ORIGINAL: RNGMSTR

people do not want everything to be the same or interchangable between vehicles, everyone want the latest and greatest. too many different designes isn't the problem, the problem is all our stupid *** so called fellow Americans that choose to buy all the foregin cars/trucks. if these people would get there head out of there *** and suport american companies our economy would not be where it is today. some people are just plain stupid and do not realize that all these foregin cars are costing Americans jobs. I know a-lot of theses idiots claim "this car was made here" but what they don't understand is that the profits from the car/truck are going right back to the foregin lands to support there enonomy, not ours. I wish our government would add some kind of tax to all foregin car sales in the U.S. We have a gas guzzler tax...Why not a I'm stupid and want a foregin car tax?

By the way, ford has been making crewcab rangers for years in mexico and thailland. They will not pass the U.S. crash standrads so they are not available here.

RNGMSTR, your pretty funny. Let me give you a little history on why some people go to foreign cars. My parents had two dodge mini-vans in the 80's. Had nothing but problems. No big deal, we'll try pontiac. Baught two pontiac mini-vans. Nothing but problems. Windshield wiper motor went out 4 times during the warranty of the van, 1000 Miles out of warranty, took it back because the wiper motor went bad again, they wouldn't replace them. I personally owned a 96 Sunfire GT, had problems, went to a Honda Accord V6 2dr, which, I'll admit, I had problems with, but they took care of me. Now I have a 05 accord, and a 06 Five Hundred. You call me stupid for buying foreign, that's fine, but I'd rather be called stupid, than be a sucker for sticking with crap. At least when I had a crap Honda, they took care of me. That's the problem with the american companies, they don't take care of their customers after the sale. I broke down and baught a Ford because I have a lot of friends that work at ford, and I DO like to support my friends/family/country. But my biggest worry is getting screwed on this car. I also have a question for you RNGMSTR, What kind of computer do you have? Probabally a Dell, where everything is outsourced to india. I asked the Honda dealership where my Accord was made, you may be suprised. It was made in OHIO (just incase you don't know where Ohio is, it's not in another country ), and I know, I know, the end result goes over-seas... Just had to add a little humor to it.

Old 01-23-2006, 12:39 AM

Hey idiot, for one, I do not have a dell computer. Second this isn't the 80's. Third, Did you ever consider that maybe pontiac was the problem...NOT AMERICAN CAR companies in general, Fourth, I could care less where your piece of shi* FOREGIN car/truck was made...bottom line is the profits ARE STILL BEING SENT BACK TO THE HOMELAND!!! If you are too stupid to understand that, which you must be to live in America and support the same people that are totally against this country. Your throw away foregin car may be assembled in the USA, but any and all profits are converted to yen and sent home. You live in Ameerica, you should drive American, or move elseware, being you support them so much. Foregin cars/truck are just that and they belong in foregin places, NOT IN THE USA. I just don't understand how some people, INCLUDING YOURSELF, can dissrespect our country and our people that way??? I guess some people ARE REALLY JUST THAT STUPID! (including yourself!!!!!!) Just keep driving your piece of SHI* foregin garbage and hopefully I have a chance to park next to it someday.....Can you say new paintjob????????

Old 01-23-2006, 12:52 AM

ORIGINAL: RNGMSTR

Hey idiot, for one, I do not have a dell computer. Second this isn't the 80's. Third, Did you ever consider that maybe pontiac was the problem...NOT AMERICAN CAR companies in general, Fourth, I could care less where your piece of shi* FOREGIN car/truck was made...bottom line is the profits ARE STILL BEING SENT BACK TO THE HOMELAND!!! If you are too stupid to understand that, which you must be to live in America and support the same people that are totally against this country. Your throw away foregin car may be assembled in the USA, but any and all profits are converted to yen and sent home. You live in Ameerica, you should drive American, or move elseware, being you support them so much. Foregin cars/truck are just that and they belong in foregin places, NOT IN THE USA. I just don't understand how some people, INCLUDING YOURSELF, can dissrespect our country and our people that way??? I guess some people ARE REALLY JUST THAT STUPID! (including yourself!!!!!!) Just keep driving your piece of SHI* foregin garbage and hopefully I have a chance to park next to it someday.....Can you say new paintjob????????
hahahaha, it's hillbillies like you that ruin this country. Take a chill pill hoss. Your blood pressures about to bust... Did you not READ the last line, or was someone else reading it for you and forgot to mention, I KNOW WHERE THE BOTTOM LINE IS GOING TO. Anyhow... Just giving you a little background on WHY some people buy foreign cars, thats all. Looks like you missed another line... We owned Chryslers and GM, 2 out of the big 3 u tard. Do you think in that tiny little brain of yours that, maybe you could understand why someone would be pissed off at american car companies, and start buying elsewhere? What do you do when you go to a McDonalds when they forget something in your order all the time, I'm suuuuuuuuuuuure you go back to them, expecting them to change "Maybe they hired smarter retards this time, lets go back and check em out :::SPIT::: " Here you are buying their product, supporting their wages, and they turn their backs on you when the product THEY MADE (AMERICAN MADE) sucks. Do you not understand that? I had a customer come in my store once and refused to buy a computer that was made in another country. ALL THE PARTS ARE MADE IN OTHER COUNTRIES.
For that matter, THIS COUNTRY was made from citizens of OTHER COUNTRIES. Your funny man, I saw that first line "Hey idiot" and I died laughing. Scratch my paint, don't care, just don't scratch my paint on my Suzuki GSXR Motorcycle... Something else foreign I baught, I bet your blood pressure just went up again. [:@]
Tis all good though, remember, I own a Ford as well, that's why I'm on this forum. You need to watch Carlos Mancia's stand-up... he rips on everyone, and will open your eyes to some ****.

Old 01-23-2006, 06:02 PM

I understand that you obviously do not have too much knoweldge on the subjuct, like I said before...some people are really that stupid! Don't bother looking for anymore replies from me on this post, I have more valuable things to do than waste time with little pi**ants like you. Also, I am sure that the ones that run this site don't appreciate this post that is obviously going noware.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:44 AM

In India Ford still holds a good piece of Car market. There is a good percentage of Ford enthusiastic car buyers