Engine & Internal Lounge Chat about beefing up your insides here.

Driver Door, ratteling, door open indicator alarms all the time

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 02:11 PM
Default Driver Door, ratteling, door open indicator alarms all the time

For the past month my driver door alarm has been beeping saying door ajar in my Ford Ranger XLT, there is no movement or play when I open the door and try to lift up on it, however, before all this last year I heard swishing noises in it and somehow water was filling up when it rained inside the door mechanism. I found the rubber cap and removed it, since last year when it rains I have to open the door until all the water runs out. The beeping finally stopped but I think it just burned itself out from beeping all the time. When the window is down I hear it rattling towards the back part of the driver door, afraid to W-D anything and would not know if that would help. I have the doors that open in the back to put groceries, but do not think it could be the back door. Any help or thoughts would be great, thank you Jacqueline from Ohio.

Old 09-18-2014, 06:11 PM

If,,,,,,,,, the noise is coming form the inside of the driver's door the best way to handle the problem is to remove the door interior panel and have a look see inside. There are many moving parts in there and some that are not supposed to move and right now it is almost impossible to speculate as to what is going on in there. You might have a pocket in the rear door that may be contributing to the rattle. If something is moving around in there , it would not be the first time that the noise seems to be coming from the front door. Do you think you would want to remove the panel to look in there?