Fairlane/Falcon/Galaxie/Gran Torino There 1960s classics have not been forgetten, whether it is on the dragstrip or at any car show, they are still all well represented.

'64 Galaxie

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Default '64 Galaxie

I have a '64 Galaxie that I have put an '89 EFI out of a E150 van with an AOD. I need to lower the engine as the plenum hits the underside of my hood. Does anyone know of a motor mount that will lower the engine closer to the cross member? I would like to retain the plenum and intake as it has a better airflow capacity the the car 5.0 intakes but I am not willing to butcher my hood.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Seedy
I have a '64 Galaxie that I have put an '89 EFI out of a E150 van with an AOD. I need to lower the engine as the plenum hits the underside of my hood. Does anyone know of a motor mount that will lower the engine closer to the cross member? I would like to retain the plenum and intake as it has a better airflow capacity the the car 5.0 intakes but I am not willing to butcher my hood.
Here are some links to some companies that may be able to help you.

www.steelerubber.com - Automotive rubber parts and weatherstripping for restoration cars, trucks and street rods.

Ron Morris Performance: RMP Adjustable Motor Mounts

Lethal Performance S197 Mustang Adjustable Motor Mounts (0-3/4" Drop)

http://tiptopwebsite.com/websites/in...olson43&page=4

I'm thinking too, depending on how low you need to go, the radiator might also need to come down. Throttle cable, or linkage length. Transmission mount also.

I'd be interested to know what you come up with. Any pics of your car?

Cheers.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:27 PM

This is the mount that I currently have. Anchor 2220 - Engine Mount | O'Reilly Auto Parts I had to move the rear cross member back 3 inches to accommodate the AOD. I turned it around and removed the pivot for the emergency brake and re-welded it on the other side and removed 3 inches from the linkage that pulls the cables. I lengthened the shifting arm on the transmission because the stroke is longer on the original transmission. I plan to run an electric fan, had one before but it was stolen along with the radiator. I needed a larger capacity radiator anyway, now I need one with the inlet on the opposite side from stock. Now, to just get the intake plenum under the hood and figure out how to integrate the ECU with the existing wiring. Thanks for the information. I don't have any pics yet.