Fairlane/Falcon/Galaxie/Gran Torino There 1960s classics have not been forgetten, whether it is on the dragstrip or at any car show, they are still all well represented.

New- How do you post pics? I have a beauty

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Default New- How do you post pics? I have a beauty

Just joined, and know almost nothing about how to use this site yet. I recently bought a 1963 Ford Fairlane 500 4-door. It is all original, and is about 90% restored. I hope to put factory air in it, but other than a few tiny baubles that need replaced, she is cherry. I will post pics of it as soon as I find out how, and where in here. She has 70,000 original miles on original 221 motor. No leaks, cracks, or dents. I have the bills for the restoration that total over $7000.00, and I have the before pictures as she was being resurrected from the barn she was hidden away in for about 25 years. Looks like my pics are too large to post. Does anyone know how to adjust them to fit?

Old 11-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New- How do you post pics? I have a beauty

A quick way is,, if your images are in your 'my pictures/pictures' folder,, right click on the picture you'd like to post,, select 'edit' and itshould open in the 'paint' program,, if not go back and select 'open with' and select 'Paint' and the image will open there.. On the header selections,, click on 'image' and the drop down box will have a selection for stretch/skew.. The 'stretch percent' will read 100%...Reduce that number a fair amount and close the picture out.. It's ALWAYS a good idea to copy/paste the original picture for a duplicate PRIOR to changing so not to change your original size.. Usually if the image doesn't have the slider viewing bars (side and bottom), it's close to being the correct file size to post.. Close out the picture changes (X) and it'll ask if you want to save the changes,,select yes.. Then,, right click the changed imagein your pictures you've edited,, in the drop bown box click on 'properties' and read the file size.. It needs to be 200kb or smaller to post..

Then when you post to a thread, under the message box'check' the 'embed picture in post', and select 'click here to upload' and the browse selection will open to your pictures, search for the image you want and click 'OK'.. The site is having issues with images/thumbnails ect. so it may not insert the picture, but will be viewable as an attachment.. Or, you can use a picture host ect...

Old 11-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New- How do you post pics? I have a beauty

Here's the Administrators suggestions as well..

To post up pics, the best thing to do is go to www.photobucket.com and sign up. It is free. Then when you want to put a pic in a message. Under the pic there will be a checkbox. Check that, then at the bottom of the page there is a button that says "Generate HTML and IMG code". This will take you to another screen. There will be a few choices, pick the one that has this saying - "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended" .
This will help cut down on the huge picures in the thread.

Then copy the link in the box and paste into the message box and you get like so:
NOW: when you paste you will see "url" and"img". This site is set up a little different.where it says "url", replace that with "link". must be in lower case. Where is says "img" replace it with "image". case sensitive as well.