Ford Bronco One of the original SUVs, offered in both a full size Bronco, or the more compact Bronco II.

Help with value of a 1976 Bronco(Colorado)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Default Help with value of a 1976 Bronco(Colorado)

I have a 1976 Bronco that had belonged to my father. When he passed away, my (now ex-) husband wanted it, so now it's mine. I'm not a car person so I'm going to sell it, and I'm trying to determine how much I should post it for. I don't know much about cars, but the body is in good shape. The vehicle was running when my ex was fooling around with it; right now it doesn't start, but the battery is probably dead (I've had the car since 2001). I tracked the VIN and got some info on the vehicle (V8, 302 engine), but beyond that I'm not certain what direction to take. Any suggestions for how I should price this?

Attached Thumbnails Help with value of a 1976 Bronco(Colorado)-amys-bronco-003-web.jpg   Help with value of a 1976 Bronco(Colorado)-amys-bronco-010-web.jpg  

Last edited by Amy Marzan; 08-05-2009 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Adding picture
Old 08-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Amy, welcome to the site..

The old Bronco's are pretty collectable, and have a large following of enthusiasts.. I'd love to have one Depending on how clean/straight the body is, interior, as well as OEM parts 'complete' or untouched from original will directly affect the value IMO.. Mileage and running condition/functionality as well will tip the scale.. With a potential buyer on the hook, it really helps for them to be able to hear/drive the rig, otherwise the 'unknown' can really drive the price down, but again I think if it's a clean ride you have a diamond in the rough.. But even in a non-running condition or if not a 'runner' driver it will or should command a good price for the parts buyer or a potential builder..

A picture or better yet multiple pictures of the 'complete' vehicle condition inside out will help attrack buyers and collectors and better give an idea of it's value.. Also, I believe 76 was the first year for front disc brakes, and the rears were larger for better braking.. Some like the very early units, some like the changes made through the years.. Posting an ad in or contacting some of the Bronco clubs/forums might be your best bet since the folks there are going to know the product/build, collectability, as well as the real value and high potential of these tough little rigs!! I love the body styling of the early Bronco's, always did...

Post a picture or two if you have one to this site, I'd love to have a look...

Old 08-03-2009, 09:29 AM

I'll agree with Hayapower. And again, some pics would be great. Some key areas to focus on for sending pictures with these are the frame in the rear where the rear spring connects to it just before the bumper, the seams aound the body on the inside floor, the seams around the wheel wells, the roof, the windshield base, the doors where the top window frame meets the door, the hood and where the hood and quarter panel meet near the front of the truck, door jambs, and the cowl (flat part behind engine) under the hood. I realize that's alot, so a bunch of general pics would probably do the trick.

These trucks are notorious for rusting out. If your Bronco has a good body, a solid frame, and a title you may be suprised what you can get for it. Even in rough shape they still are worth some cash.

I have one and love it; unfortunately mine is more of the rusty variety. Send me or post some pics of it and I/we will be glad to help you out (or even buy it).

Old 08-04-2009, 01:36 PM

Thanks for the advice. I did try to post some pics, but apparently mine are too large to attach (the one I tried is 3.03MB JPG file). Any suggestions? I do have several pics, including one showing the spedometer mileage (93,658)...

Thanks!
Amy

Originally Posted by Hayapower
Hi Amy, welcome to the site..

The old Bronco's are pretty collectable, and have a large following of enthusiasts.. I'd love to have one Depending on how clean/straight the body is, interior, as well as OEM parts 'complete' or untouched from original will directly affect the value IMO.. Mileage and running condition/functionality as well will tip the scale.. With a potential buyer on the hook, it really helps for them to be able to hear/drive the rig, otherwise the 'unknown' can really drive the price down, but again I think if it's a clean ride you have a diamond in the rough.. But even in a non-running condition or if not a 'runner' driver it will or should command a good price for the parts buyer or a potential builder..

A picture or better yet multiple pictures of the 'complete' vehicle condition inside out will help attrack buyers and collectors and better give an idea of it's value.. Also, I believe 76 was the first year for front disc brakes, and the rears were larger for better braking.. Some like the very early units, some like the changes made through the years.. Posting an ad in or contacting some of the Bronco clubs/forums might be your best bet since the folks there are going to know the product/build, collectability, as well as the real value and high potential of these tough little rigs!! I love the body styling of the early Bronco's, always did...

Post a picture or two if you have one to this site, I'd love to have a look...

Old 08-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Default 76 Bronco

Got the pics attached! Thanks.