Ford Bronco One of the original SUVs, offered in both a full size Bronco, or the more compact Bronco II.

Location of the Inertia Switch?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Default Location of the Inertia Switch?

I am not getting any fuel to the fuel injector rails, nor is the fuel pump pumping anything. I think it is the Inertia Switch, and I am trying to find the Inertia Switch on my 1996 Ford Bronco with a 5.0L V8. There is a sticker under the hood that says to refer to the Owners Manual for the location of the switch. I do not have the Owners Manual. The Chilton's repair manual says it should be located under the dash on the right side of the vehicle. I don't know what the switch looks like, but I couldn't find anything with a reset button on it. Is it located behind an interior panels or behind the heater box? Does anyone have a picture of what this switch looks like? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Default RE: Location of the Inertia Switch?

I found this web site where I can download PDF copies of the Owners Manuals, and order the original replacement manuals. It appears they have owners manuals available for many models. I looked through the PDF manual, and it said the Inertia Switch is located behind the trim panel in front of the passenger door. Since it broken down many miles away, I can't just run out and check to see if it is right, but it must be, I looked everywhere else.

I hope this saves someone else the pain I have gone through trying to find this switch.

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...VEHICLE=Bronco

Old 02-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Default RE: Location of the Inertia Switch?

I've got a Haynes book here. Itshows the inertia switch on the driver side, up aginst the fire wall to the left of the brake pedal or behind the right kick pedal.Push the reset button on the top of the switch to compete the circuit.