Ford Enthusiast Unofficial Resource

Go Back   Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners > Ford Cars > Ford Crown Victoria
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Ford Forum!
Welcome to Ford Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2008, 11:15 AM

Default Crown Victoria front suspension diagram

Brand new to FF, but from what I've read allready, I think I'm right where I need to be...my question is this Does anyone have or know where i can get a diagram of the front suspension? I'll be rebuilding one soon as I recently purchasaed a fleet Vic from a local city. Its got rust issues on the front suspension and rebuilding is waYYYY cheaper than buying new, and the rest of the car is immaculate, so thats why i want the diagram. Thanks for any help anyone can send my way. Jack in Ohio
Old 03-29-2008, 05:54 PM

Default RE: Crown Victoria front suspension diagram

What year Vic?
Old 03-29-2008, 08:37 PM

Sigh....40 years of hitting the parts counters and I STILL forget to give all the info it's a 1999 Crown Vic, 4.6 Litre V8 Sorry about that folks
Old 03-29-2008, 09:06 PM

Click here. This only goes up to 98, but the 99 is the same.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:56 AM

My deepest appreciation, thats exactly what I needed. I seem to be having trouble finding a aftermarket supplier for the upper and lower control arms themselves, but Ive found a good amount of bushing suppliers. I've only had the 99 Vic for a short time, but have fell in love with the dang thing allready! I'll go thru Ford if I have to to get the new control arms, and buy the rest aftermarket. Again, thank you for your time and effort, I see why your classified as a Super member!! Delighted to have found this site, it'll be a favorite Im sure for years to come thanks again see ya'all Jack in Ohio
Old 03-30-2008, 10:47 AM

Try www.dormanproducts.com Not sure if they have any, but they make about everything else aftermarket. Just for your enjoyment, click here and see if anything catches your eye occasionally. I manage the fleet for Lexington and sell these as surplus. Have a good time with the repairs and the Vic. Check the site as the vehicles change all the time. Hope admin don't stop this, as I make no profit from sale. It all goes into the city's general fund.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:50 PM

Thanks again, this is how the Web should work!! The more I drive the Vic, the more I love it. Your helps greatly appreciated, im off to look at the dorman site and your link too Thx again Jack
Old 03-30-2008, 01:50 PM

Tags
1999, arms, contour, crown, diagram, diagrams, exhaust, explorer, ford, front, lower, suspension, system, vic, victoria