Ford Crown Victoria The crown victoria, the choice of police forces all over the United States due to its size and available V8 engine

crown victoria high performance ideas

Old 11-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Default crown victoria high performance ideas

Help, is there any practical way to have a high perfromance crown vic or town car. I would like 400 plus horsepower and taught suspension, thanks

Old 11-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Default RE: crown victoria high performance ideas

Guess that is dependant upon what is practical. If you have lots of money to spend, pratical changes. For the everyday working guy, there is no practical way to get what you are asking. Or you can go here
http://www.nitrousdirect.com/directportnitrouskit.html

Old 11-07-2006, 12:43 AM

You can put dual exhaust on it? Look for police interceptor engine? Get same handling package off cruiser, low pro tires, bigger sway bars? Might try to locate some local salvage yards and see if any of these vehicles ever make it to the yard. Sometimes you can purchase at auctions?

Old 11-14-2006, 05:06 PM

Assuming you are talking about a 4.6L Crown Vic / Town Car, there is no such thing as a "Police Intercepter" engine. The police cars use the same engine as the civilian units but have dual-exhaust, bigger sway bars, different springs, etc. The 2006+ Police cars have the Marauder airbox which gives a few more HP (250 vs. 239) but the engine itself is the same as the civilian unit.

As was mentioned, if money is not a consideration then you could consider supercharging your car. At least one company offers SC kits for most 4.6L Crown Vics...

Allen Superchargers

I have no experience with their products but others who do have good things to say about their products.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:22 PM

I sawa crown vicwith a v10 in it ran in the 13 s in the1/4 mile. The guy installed it his self out of a truck. looked pretty clean. looked like it cam from the factory.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:10 PM

try here!!!!! angry duck tofu racing panther specialty parts

i would go with the supercharger, msd ignition, and headers with x pipe. that would be starters. but it will cost$

Old 04-07-2007, 12:01 AM

In response to: sheebeehuh

First of all I wanted to clarify:"police interceptor" ie P71 is the model, and therefore the engine can be defined as a police interceptor engine. Second: the listed OEM horsepower that is published by Ford for all P71 models are false; if you don't believe me dynoone. I'm not really sure why they list it, I would be willing to guess it's less of a conspiracy theory and more of an insurance premium / PR issue. The 2007 model is listed at 270hp with emissions by Ford Fleet Vehicles.I have a 2001Federal ResponseP71 at the moment and it is actually spicer than the 2007, because it hasmore exhaust flow anda different gear ratio. The newer models have 17" wheels,and they are much quieter with the restrictive exhaust, and the engine has been optimized touse less fuel, so theadvertized 270hpis hoo humm..The P71 interceptor engine is a 4.6l SOHC just like the old Mustang GT's, except it has a larger throttle body, and it utilizesCOPdirect spark vs a plug ignition system. I have not measured the Throttle body and compared it, but it issignificanty larger than the GT. I was looking for a aftermarket throttle body and I can't find one as big as the stock unit?? 75mm is the largest I can find and the stock unit it just under 4 inches, which would be aprrox. 10 cm.(75mm is 7.5 cm). The P71 also has an aggressivere-program thatwas dated and completed by Ford and listedon the firewall. The cams are also ground differently thanany taxi or crown vic, and this gives it more mid and upper range hp. The P71 idles at under 1000rpms and can spike to 5,500 inone second, anddoes not have a rev limiter past overdrive. The exhaustis restricted and has an h-pipe dual design with two"hush power" mufflers to make the unit pretty quiet unless over 3,500 rpms. You cango to Ford and look everything up and get spec from Kelly BB,and you will get the same specs, but they're not correct. The P71has a faster 0-60 and 0-100than a 97 Mustang GT.Anyone who wants a performance Crown Vic, should buy a P71 at auction, make sure they didn't re-program it back toOEM and find a way to open up the exhaust; headers are almost nto an option due to the tight space, but the engine has more room in the bay, overall than the Mustangs. K&N and several other cold air intake companies makecold air systems that run to the throttle body; I would recommend K&N because it is under $300 online, and is synthetic so it stays very cool, and has a quality filter body that flows major air.I have not had any trouble with my K&N all seasons in Maine. Plugs are also important, Denso Iridium, Champion Iridium, MotorCraft Platinumare excellent OEM replacements and can be doen without removingany throttle parts unlike many mechanics would like you to believe.I would recommend MotorCraft unless your really running it hot, because the Iridium doesbetter with high test fuel. P71's like90+ oct gas, you will see a major difference over regular gas (83-86).Another thing always chekc the VIN if your buying at an auction and look for the P71, otherwise youcould end up buying a taxi with aninterceptor sticker on it, or a town car. Heh The Merauder was the only carin the design that competes with a P71 and aOEMprogram it may not. The drag guys like the Merauder's DOHC that's why; along with the fact that it's a sexier car than the P71. If they had only made more of them... Well,Reinhardt Racingcaters to the panther/crown/merauder guys I hope I helped clarify a few things. Peace

Old 05-19-2009, 09:55 PM

There is a difference between a regular crown Vic and a police interceptor / (P71), the thing that is different is the P71 heads! i know i work on the police intercepters everyday!

Old 05-20-2009, 10:19 AM

first P71s made were 2 door crown vics in 1987... the P71 wasnt used again until 1992

Old 10-28-2009, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by sheebeehuh
Assuming you are talking about a 4.6L Crown Vic / Town Car, there is no such thing as a "Police Intercepter" engine. The police cars use the same engine as the civilian units but have dual-exhaust, bigger sway bars, different springs, etc. The 2006+ Police cars have the Marauder airbox which gives a few more HP (250 vs. 239) but the engine itself is the same as the civilian unit.

As was mentioned, if money is not a consideration then you could consider supercharging your car. At least one company offers SC kits for most 4.6L Crown Vics...

Allen Superchargers

I have no experience with their products but others who do have good things to say about their products.

ok, well you got the years off a little, it was 2004 when for gave the P71 police package the same air intake box as the Marauder... now from the factory the car was putting out 250 hp, but if you want a car with more power, aim for highway patrol cars... i bought one from N.C. and it is putting out around 325 hp with no change from me. now the block is no different then the civilain car along with most things but there are alot of different things to coop with the use of police partols and abuse...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: crown victoria high performance ideas