Ford Crown Victoria The crown victoria, the choice of police forces all over the United States due to its size and available V8 engine

86 crown vic 5.0 fuelinjected

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 01:28 PM
Default 86 crown vic 5.0 fuelinjected

Hello, have a question i have a soleniod on my fender well it has two vacum lines one comes from the pleium and the other goes to the egr valve now the one, I have that comes from the pleium has vacum and the other one that goes to the egr vavle does not ,now my understanding is the the egr solenoid on back of the egr valve sends a signal to the PCM and then sends a signal back to the one on the fender well but i dont think the one on the fender well is getting the signal is there away i can tell that i am getting a signal, i also know the car has to be driving so that the egr valve will open, i have jack my car up and put in drive but the egr seems to be not opening, also i have did a code check on my car i had two codes one was for the coolant tempature sensor and the other one said egr flow low i put a new egr vale and solenoid on the back of it and a new coolant temp sensor,also i would like to know how to tell if my PCM IS BAD OR NOT because when i do a code check it ask me do i want to reset the computer and i say yes to reset it please help thank you