Ford Enthusiast Unofficial Resource

Go Back   Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners > Ford Cars > Ford Crown Victoria
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Ford Forum!
Welcome to Ford Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-2006, 01:46 PM

Default Engine stalls when warmed up

I have a 1985 crown vic that stalls when the engine comes up to temp. I have replaced the ignition coil and the starter relay. I have also replaced the muffler and tail pipe. Does anyone have an idea as to what else might be wrong?
Old 03-28-2006, 09:14 PM

Default RE: Engine stalls when warmed up

Have you had the ignition module checked? That era Ford was bad about the module failing .
Old 03-29-2006, 10:23 AM

Have replaced I Mod but still has problem, thanx for input, any other ideas.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:28 AM

I made mistake it was not the ignition coil I changed but the ignition module. Also the car was laid up for about 18 mths, I put in new battery and did a tune up (oil change, spark plugs, radiator flush and tranny flush). Should I change the I coil?
Old 03-29-2006, 09:15 PM

Does the car start back immediately or is it slow or hard to start? I assume it is carbureted, so is the choke opening when the engine is warm? Can you tell if it is losing spark when it stalls? Sorry about all the questions, but it will make it easier for us to offer information.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:43 PM

Pull the pulg from your MAF.................if it runs better, clean it or replace it. My 93' ran like crap suddenly.................unplugged the MAF. It ran like a rocket! I just replaced it with an MAF from a 96'.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:04 PM

OK I checked the spark on the plugs . I get a good spark before I start the car when it is cold. After the car warms up about 10-15 min the car dies, when I check the spark after it dies it is very small or not at all.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:08 PM

By MAF do you mean the Mass Air Flow sensor. If so, tell me where it is located on a "85" CV. Thanx
Old 03-31-2006, 02:08 PM

Tags
06, 500, 90, bronco, car, coil, dies, engine, ford, ignition, motor, mustang, stall, stalling, stalls, warmed, warms