Ford Crown Victoria The crown victoria, the choice of police forces all over the United States due to its size and available V8 engine

LCM Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 05:13 PM
Default LCM Issue?

I have a 1997 Crown Vic with about 230k on it. Recently we have been hearing clicking from under the dash, and the dash lights, radio, and headlights suddenly go off. Usually they all come back on within a few seconds, but not always. Am I safe in assuming the LCM is the culprit, and if so, do I need to spend the money for a new unit, or can I use a used one? If not, what is the problem? Thank you to anyone who can help! We depend on this car daily.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:08 PM

I just joined but have the same problem. If you a little tech savvy search this forum for: LCM WOES gone for now. External Relay fix

Old 03-31-2014, 06:05 AM

Completed the external relay fix. Works great. Best help was a post labeling the pin points of the old relay.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:56 PM
Thumbs up crownvic lcm parts

Originally Posted by 4ever4d
I have a 1997 Crown Vic with about 230k on it. Recently we have been hearing clicking from under the dash, and the dash lights, radio, and headlights suddenly go off. Usually they all come back on within a few seconds, but not always. Am I safe in assuming the LCM is the culprit, and if so, do I need to spend the money for a new unit, or can I use a used one? If not, what is the problem? Thank you to anyone who can help! We depend on this car daily.

u need to open it and solder in new parts.. NEC MR301-12HSL u need 4 of them

Old 04-13-2014, 05:10 PM

Update on LCM issue. I replaced the LCM and the (expensive) starter switch, totaling over $300, and I thought I had it fixed until 3 days later the lights went out for good. I did find them on again one morning about a month later. As soon as I opened the door, they went off again. The car runs fine, but I had to park it since I can't use it as is. I'm out of tricks, and out of patience, but we really need a backup car. I'll check out the potential relay idea though. Thanks