Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

1996 Ford Club Wagon front blower

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Default 1996 Ford Club Wagon front blower

The three speed front blower on my '96 Club Wagon is now one speed, and that's at the high setting; I disassembled the dash, pulled out and took apart the blower switch, which appeared (to this un-trained eye) to be functioning properly. Using a voltmeter I put current thru the switch at each setting (low, medium, high); as far as I can tell it is working fine. Because I can get a new one for $9 I will install it just to see what happens. If it is not the switch, what do I check / replace next? Any & all assistance is appreciated.............

Old 08-31-2011, 03:46 PM

This is the same guy that posted this question a month ago. Absolutely no responses to my post.........not a single one. Wow. Apparently I have the only van with a blower issue. But fear not Ford Fans; I fixed it......and it wasn't the switch. Good luck with your problem...........I hope somebody responds.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:49 PM

Unfortunately a lot of people who try to help in this site do work for a living and can't always reply as quickly as one would like. Glad you solved your blower problem and maybe next time you may be able to help someone , if you have time, Thanks.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Default Blower switch problems

I was searching the web looking to see if anyone else has had the same blower switch problem I am. 96 clubwagon with a blower switch that only works in the high setting. I was about to through in the towel when I found your thread in this forum. It sounds like exactly the same problem. I'm sitting on pins and needles to hear where you found the problem. Thanks,

Old 05-31-2012, 03:02 PM

Sorry to keep all of you waiting, but there is usually a simple solution for a blower working only on the high speed position.
There is a resistor assy usually located on the evaporator housing next to the blower motor under the hood.
Because the high speed consumes so much power there is usually a separate relay just for high speed. The other speeds are controlled through the resistor assy.
It is usually held in the evaporator housing with just 2 screws , is not expensive and is easy to replace. Your best bet is to purchase it from Ford and you will usually get the correct part. It has a plug with 3 or 4 wires on it.
Just unplug it, remove the 2 screws, remove the assy, install the new, one and plug it in.