Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

1997 e350 owners manual

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 09:48 PM
Default 1997 e350 owners manual

Are there any links to download an owners manual for my 97 e350? I need the legend for the fuses & relays. I replaced the fuel filter & pump but it still wont pump fuel. There are no codes reading on this either & I'm getting frustrated. This is the single tank club wagon running on regular pump gas, 2wd.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:16 AM

Could be something simple like a fuel pump relay.
Check, www,fordfleet.com , enter info for your vehicle owner's manuals should be available there.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:19 PM

Thanks, I did find the manual online. I did swap the relays already and triple checked ALL fuses in both fuse panels. Still no gas pumping. I did check the oil & none shows on the stick. I will add more then try again. It seems like I heard somewhere that for engines wont be allowed to start via the ECM if there is low oil pressure detected. Any truth to that? I'm most disturbed that there are no trouble codes reading at all. I would have thought it would have thrown a code for low oil pressure or something.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:27 AM

After you get the oil situation straightened out, you might want to check the inertia switch that is located at the top of the passenger side kick panel. It may have tripped and is opening the power supply circuit to the fuel pump.If it is tripped , just depress the button and reset it. If you have no special electrical measuring equipment , you can use a test lite to confirm if you have power going to the fuel pump for 2 seconds when you first turn the key on. You can do this check right at the inertia switch itself. Let us know what you find there and if necessary we can go further to pin down the problem.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:37 AM

I got the oil situation fixed. No voltage to the fuel pump. Inertia switch is already down, nothing to push any further. I took the battery to Autozone because the voltage would drop way below 4 volts whilst cranking. Dead cell. Getting a new battery in it as soon as the reverend gets the money for it, then hopefully it will start.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:27 PM

I am at my whits end. New fuel pump, pickup screen & filter, then brand new huge battery. It gets no fuel at all. It cranks over great, but just wont start. It will not crank over in neutral though. neutral start safety switch issue maybe? Who knows how to adjust one of those? Any other tips? Please help!

Old 02-21-2015, 01:28 AM

We will take this one step at a time.
When you first turn the key on the computer provides the ground to energize the fuel pump relay for 2 seconds. You can hear the fuel pump run for that 2 seconds . Is that happening and can you hear it run? That will at least tell us the circuit is OK.
You will need to wait a few seconds before trying that again, but you can do that as often as necessary to make sure fuel is getting up there.
You did make sure the fuel filter is OK, right!

Old 02-21-2015, 02:46 PM

I have verified that the pump is not running when the key is turned on, not even a little.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:35 PM

If the fuel pump does not run for the 2 seconds it means either the PCM could be defective, there may be a broken wire from the PCM to the fuel pump relay, The fuel pump fuse is no good, the fuel pump relay is defective,wiring to the pump from the relay through the inertia switch has an open in it , fuel pump ground connection is defective , and last but not least the pump you installed is bad. People have put the fuse back into the wrong slot and have replaced a good fuel pump too!! Did anyone try to jump start the vehicle and hooked up the jumper cables backwards?