Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

97 e 150

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Default 97 e 150

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone might know what might be the problem I have. I have a 97 e 150 that had been sitting for quite a while. When I parked it it was running, however, after sitting for about a year or so I went to move the van and it wouldn't turn over. I found a nest in the air filter that I believe was causing the problem. While trying to start the van repeatedly I began to smell a burning smell, it was electrical, so I stopped. I waited a while and tried again but the truck just kept cranking and would not turn over. I finally towed the van to another location. After a few days I tried again to start the van. This time however, it would not turn over at all. All I got when I turned the key was a clicking sound. I replaced the starter thinking I may have burned it out but still get nothing but the clicking sound. I was wondering if maybe there was a fusable link or something that may have burned when I smelled the burning smell. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Butch

Old 07-10-2013, 02:53 PM

anyone?

Old 07-10-2013, 04:36 PM

Hi Butch5 !
What if anything have you done to the battery and/or connections?

Old 07-11-2013, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
Hi Butch5 !
What if anything have you done to the battery and/or connections?
Hi Hanky,

The battery was dead so I put another battery in it. I didn't do anything with connections other than what was necessary to install the battery.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:03 AM

So I understand ,
The starter cranks the engine(turns over), but the engine will not fire up (run), is that correct?