Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

cruise control recall disaster

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 05:27 PM
Default cruise control recall disaster

I have a 1995 motorhome on an E350 chassis, in March of 2007 under recall #05528 one of our local Ford dealers installed wire assembly #4W1Z-14A411-BC. I wanted to get this done before a trip to Oklahoma from our house in central Florida so I went to a dealer a little father from our home that had the harness in stock. On the way to the dealership I used the cruise control to check it out, I only drive our r.v. a couple of times a year so I wanted to make sure it was in good working order before the update, and it worked fine. On the way home I tried the cruise control it did not work, so I went back to the dealer, they drove it confirmed it did not work and then did something that caused it to work until about half way through our trip. Then in April of 2008 in recall #08051 they replaced the first harness with wire assembly #8W7Z-14A411-C, it worked until about half way through our next Okie trip. I then let it slide until October of 2011 when I had the dealer check it out under a courtesy call, again it worked for awhile and now it is out again. I have tried taking the harness out of the loop so it is like it was originally and the cruise still does not work and I do not see a fuse for the cruise control in the owners manual, so I do not know what to do next. I tried to call the Ford corporate customer service number, but that was a huge waste of time because they just pawned it back off on the local dealers to look at it as a courtesy call if they chose to. We are going back to Oklahoma in June and I would really like to have this fixed by then, it would make for a much nicer drive. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Randy