Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

Odd Sized Passenger Side Window E350

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 01:19 AM
Default Odd Sized Passenger Side Window E350

I have a 2007 E350 passenger van with a school bus type door on the passenger side. It was converted for a high top and the bus door, thus it only has a half portion of the original passenger door. Because of this, it has an odd sized window.

This window is plastic and is all scratched and faded, so it makes it very hard to see through it to view my right side mirror when driving. I'm not sure if this window was originally installed as glass and got replaced, or if it was always plastic?

I want to replace this window but need some kind of instructions on how to accomplish this, but I can not find anything after hours of searching the Internet. Does anyone have any ideas or knowledge on how I can replace this plastic window? I'm hoping maybe there are some instructions on how to get it out and a new one in someplace?

I have attached a picture for visual.

Attached Thumbnails Odd Sized Passenger Side Window E350-conversion-van.jpg  
Old 03-23-2017, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site.

Not sure if it was originally Plexiglass, but if "flat" glass? you could have a piece of tempered/ safety glass cut for it. May still be available from the body builder if it were originally glass.

If you can snap a close up image of the glass weather seal, it would help with the removal/install and type. If not some sort of Urethane adhered seal,, generally rubber seals will have either a tuck in lip in the center of the seal, a narrow bead running in the center that separates and adds tension to the seal or they are a 'rope in' seal meaning a solid piece that the glass installs in and a rope of cord is used like a shoe horn to pull the rubber lip of the seal up on and over the doors/ chassis pinch weld...

Old 03-23-2017, 01:35 PM

Attached is a picture of the window. If you look down the left hand side, it is simply caulked with black silicone inside and out. The rest of the window trim is stock trim.

I actually was able to work the plexiglass out, but I still don't know how I could get a new piece in without scratching it all to pieces again. After thinking a bit, I should have tried the headlight restore on it before removing it, but too late for that now.

Regardless, you can see why I want to replace it, because I cleaned the window and that's how it looks when clean, so you really can not see the mirror to assist with driving.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails Odd Sized Passenger Side Window E350-van-odd-size-window.jpg