Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

Door wiring harness replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 01:59 PM
Default Door wiring harness replacement

Hello, first post here. I won a 2003 e350 and the door harness has a few broken wires. I have ordered one from ebay as the dealer no longer has, or at least said they could get parts for this. Anyone know if I have to remove the dash to get at the connector for the door harness.
Thank you!

Old 04-01-2017, 05:29 PM

Okay, crickets here is the info. I thought the harness was busted where the door works on the protective bellows. Not so, to remove the harness you need to pull the kick panel by your left leg. Pull straight out. There is a little insert for the handle to your hood release and this simply pulls out and you have access to the harness. Remove the hood release mechanism with a 7 mm socket. There are two rectangular connectors there that are the door harness. You can pull the whole harness out to either repair it or run a new one in. I took pictures but based on the overwhelming response no need to take up web space here. Nice to have the power back on. You can also remove the entire door by backing off the 4 13 mm bolts that hold it on. I had my wife steady it when adjusting the height with my race jack. Whole job of in and out can be done in about two hours.