Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

Help w/interior conversion van fuse box (1994 Ford E150)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 11:36 PM
Default Help w/interior conversion van fuse box (1994 Ford E150)

Hello,

So I purchased a glaval universal 1994 ford e150 conversion van and am gutting it and trying to breathe in some new life.

I'm having trouble with the interior wiring. I don't know what any of the fuses correspond to for the fuse box behind the driver seat. Honestly, I'm going to replace all interior accessories and wire them to a separate solar system, so I'm wondering if i can just get rid of that fuse box and everything attached to it.

Thanks, pleasure to be joining.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:49 AM

You may receive several different replies on this project.
I have found that it was best to complete all my intended wiring before removing any original wiring since surprises do come up and until all new changes are complete and road tests, and many other functions are working correctly you could be faced with a problem that you now have no idea where to start to solve it. Conversion jobs are a different animal from the start and every time someone changes something you have no diagram to go by and it can become a can of worms.
It can be extremely helpful if you make diagrams of your own so you have something to refer to later on. We, (most of us) do forget some of what we changed a few months later and your own diagram can bail you out should you need to trace out a new problem. If you enjoy doing wiring work, I'm sure it will do what you want. What do you think?

Old 03-19-2017, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
You may receive several different replies on this project.
I have found that it was best to complete all my intended wiring before removing any original wiring since surprises do come up and until all new changes are complete and road tests, and many other functions are working correctly you could be faced with a problem that you now have no idea where to start to solve it. Conversion jobs are a different animal from the start and every time someone changes something you have no diagram to go by and it can become a can of worms.
It can be extremely helpful if you make diagrams of your own so you have something to refer to later on. We, (most of us) do forget some of what we changed a few months later and your own diagram can bail you out should you need to trace out a new problem. If you enjoy doing wiring work, I'm sure it will do what you want. What do you think?

I think that's solid advice, unfortunately, I've already removed the grounding for most of those wires and cut one attached to the roof and another to a large grounding on the passenger side; I also removed all the lights and what not, so I'm not sure how to test what is connected (oops). I bring this up after doing that because my van wouldn't start afterward, but it started this morning, fuel pump is pressurizing, and I think it's related to my idle problem I'm not too concerned about. (I'll check after some more renovation, seats are out so I can't drive anyways)
The power door locks aren't working anymore, but I should be able to figure that one out assuming they're connected to the dash box.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:10 PM

The only suggestion I can offer at this time is; ground wires are very important !!! It is better to have too many than just one critical one missing. However you can , don't make the mistake of thinking ,"I don't need this one" ! It will come back to bite you, you should see all the bite marks I have ! As suggested earlier, try to make your own diagrams of what you did/do , it will surely come in handy up the road.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:45 PM

Awesome, I'll reattach the ground wires, however I found a large strip of wires only for accessories. I'm going to remove that from the fuse box, but I've also noticed some of the wires are "smart blocks"; not too wire savvy, anyone familiar with what those are?

Old 03-20-2017, 01:26 AM

Figured out that the smart blocks have to do with the battery saving features, found a diagram; thanks for the help

Old 09-06-2021, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by ZachE150
Figured out that the smart blocks have to do with the battery saving features, found a diagram; thanks for the help
Hi Zach, recently I was in the market for a van, and then the next thing I knew, I ended up purchasing a glaval universal 1999 ford e150 conversion van. So I am pretty much facing the same situations that you were in, 4 years ago.

Would you mind sharing the diagram you found? It is very difficult to find any online info for this Glaval Universal van models, due to their being out of business in early 2000s. (FWIW, the Glaval Bus company is owned by the new management who purchased the original Glaval company. They seem to be legally 2 different companies. And the new Glaval Bus company website does not carry any manuals for the original Glaval conversaion vans. What a shame.)

Thanks in advance. You can reach out to me at my email.

Regards,
Ray