Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

a.i.r. pump hose routing

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Default a.i.r. pump hose routing

Hey 2 all.....I have a 90 Ford E150 Club Wagon 1/2 ton 5.oL which cuts off on me while driving. I have replaced quite a few things to no avail. Today after replacing the voltage regulator and driving it cut off on me again. I re-started and drove home (one block) and while idling I opened the hood and just looking around I noticed that a hose from the a.i.r. pump (smog pump) below the alternator wasn't attached to anything. I don't know how I didn't notice it before but anyway, where does the hose attach to? My air cleaner housing doesn't have the attachment that goes over the battery (It is missing) and I seen a picture showing that part with a hole in it for something to go inside....what goes there? I know the air cleaner housing has three holes: 2 for the throttle hoses and one on the side going somewhere. The other piece of the air cleaner assembly is missing and I think that the hose from the air pump goes into that. If anyone has any information on this I would appreciate it. A picture of that area would also be great. This hose has apparently been pointed towards the egr position sensor and I'm thinking that the heat blowing out of the hose is heating up that sensor as well as the egr and in combination is causing it to stall out while driving. Items replaced: IAC, TP sensor, Fuel pump relay, eec relay, voltage regulator, egr position sensor, external fuel pump and fuel filter. thanks