Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

Just front right Tsignal & dash indicator fail, Left OK,flash OK, bulb OK

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Default Just front right Tsignal & dash indicator fail, Left OK,flash OK, bulb OK

Just front right Turn signal & dash indicator not working. Right rear bulb is flashing fast, can hear relay clicking fast. but front right bulb and dash indicator are not illuminating. Bulb tests fine with swap from left side. flashers work with all bulbs and dash indicators for both sides showing on dash. Left signal works fine.
Any Ideas ?

Old 06-03-2013, 03:08 AM

From your description, it sounds like the RF has lost it's ground connection.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:53 AM
Default bulb works when hazards are actuated.

since the bulb works correctly when hazards are actuated, i had ruled out local ground problem at bulb.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:22 AM

I have many of the same issues with my van I believe they are near the levers in the steering wheel column. My left turn signal works most of the time, My right one works all of the time. And my hazards do not work at all. I would check all the wiring going all the way back. What are we working on anyway?

Old 06-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Default 97 E350 cutaway motorhome

1997 E350 v10 fleetwood Jamboree.

When Mich04 has the intermittent problems , will the wiggle/Jiggle/Tapping of any location like the signal arm itself have any effect on the issue ????

Still looking for solution.

Last edited by sostahoe; 06-03-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:00 PM

It could very well be the multifunction switch on the steering column, but this is what you have to do to prove that theory.
Get a test lite. Then with the RF bulb removed turn the key on, place the signal switch in the right turn position and see if you either do or do not have power coming to the wire that feeds the bulb. If you do have power there , the ground is bad.
If you don't have power there either the switch on the column is defective or you have a break in that wire to the bulb.
Just because the hazards all seem to work it could be using the parking lamp filament for it's ground.

Some vehicles have a separate flasher for the signal lamps and a separate flasher for the hazard lamps.
What will help clarify this, is the owner's manual. It will usually show that there are two separate flashers, if this is the case.