Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

Need help! 2001 E350 rear blend door not working. Heat only no A/C

Old 05-23-2011, 11:13 AM
cve
Default Need help! 2001 E350 rear blend door not working. Heat only no A/C

Alright, I have searched hi and lo for an answer and I am hope someone out there can help. I have an extended E350, 12 passenger, that is blowing heat only in the back. I have isolated it to the blend door or door acuator. I have the inside panels off. Vacuum seems to be working. I have the blower and heat/AC unit exposed. I temporarily got AC working when I managed to turn the door from the outside with pliers on the shaft of the door that is sticking out. Does anyone one know how to remove the actuator and door without removing the hole unit? The ford service manual I have is no help. There must be someone in this forum who knows the answer !

Old 09-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Default Rear blend door

I just replaced mine on a 2000 E350. The blend door is pretty expensive from the dealer ~$80. To remove the old one I unbolted the blend "chimney" from the floor and pulled it slightly from the wall of the van. The blend door is attached to a lever on the vacuum pump. I think there was one small screw behind the vacuum pump that I had to remove. Once that is done, rotate the blend door manually (with a pliers) about 90 degrees clockwise and it should slide out easily.

IF you look for another one in the boneyard make sure you rotate the door to the vertical position before pulling it out of the chimney, or you will break the coupling that attaches to the end of the vacuum pump.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:09 AM
Default Sorry to jump in but I need .......

My rear air is also not working, fan runs and unit runs, but nothing out of the ceiling defussers (conversion van) any ideas ?
Thanks in advance

Old 12-20-2016, 07:35 AM
Default same issue

can you let me know how you made out ... i seem to have the same issue ... I am only getting rear air flow from the floor vents and nothing from the roof... My passenger van is converted to a work van and i have shelving bolted in .. so getting to the panels is going to be a job itself. .. i am trying to find out where the vacuum line that activates the Vacuum motor comes from and the routing of it, so I can test it before ripping everything apart .. do you remember the color or the vacuum line ??.. mine is a e350 , 2011...

ttabbacchino@aol.com

Last edited by ttles714; 12-20-2016 at 07:39 AM.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:01 AM

1996 ford conversion van. No heat in front. Blower working, thermostat good, blend door seems to b working and actuator. Any help

Old 12-20-2016, 05:27 PM
Default heater core??

Maybe the heater core ??? Could be plugged

Old 03-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Default re: No AC out of roof vents

I had this problem on my old 97 E350 Super Duty 15 passenger.

Symptoms: No cold air out of ceiling vents.

Cause: The vacuum hose that controls the Blend Door runs from the engine compartment to the rear with the wiring bundle. It runs up around the driver's door underneath the the trim. Behind the driver's door it returns to the floor and runs along the floor. At the door/floor corner the cover of the electrical wiring was cracked and as the body of the van moved and jostled the bundle, some of the wires shorted out. This blew fuses and heated up the rubber vacuum hose which over time melted the vacuum hose shut preventing the vacuum from reaching the blend door motor. The system is designed to fail to heat so that in winter time if controls don't work you still have heat in the back.

Solution: Cut out melted section and splice. Wrap electrical wiring to prevent shorts.