Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

New (to me) 1998 Ford Econoline need some pointers please :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 12:00 PM
Default New (to me) 1998 Ford Econoline need some pointers please :)

Hello!

Just got this awesome campervan that is in great shape. My main concern is getting enough ventillation during the day. I have two dogs that can't always come with me and only have one window has the ability to pop open. Dyring the day, even though its Feb, it gets hot in here! I've looked around for youtube vids on window conversions but haven't been able to find much.

Should I invest in getting the giant windows on both sides to have sliders? Or should I invest in getting the rear windows to pop out? Or get a hatch, although with the interior lighting I dont know where it would go. Any tips on how and where to start would be great!

Thanks for reading!

Old 02-13-2016, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator
Thumbs up

Welcome to the site..

Vents and Windows would always be an option.

Summer months, at least here, would or could still be a hazard for our mutts with windows cracked, or slider ajar. Same with winters chill.

We installed remote starts in both or rigs so we have control over the interiors climate no matter what season our dogs are relaxing in. Hot, or cold.

Although not always a MY option, Bi-directional offer engine start/run confirmation. On the windows and in plain sight (should anyone think about breaking) is a decal that states "This vehicle starts "Remotely and Automatically" and is climate controlled for the comfort of our pets".

If their going to be inside the rig for unreasonable lengths of time, we leave them home. Even have run into a few businesses that offer cool shade areas for pets!

Windows, pop out, sliders all do their job, but in more extreme temp swings like we see, vehicle controlled climates seem to keep them happy, and so far, no broken windows or pried open doors.. ;-)

For our RV we use an Fan-Tastic Endless Breeze 12v fan to draw in or move air about. Easy on the batteries, good air movement. Some are temp controlled. Roof mount as well..

Just some thoughts..