Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

NO HEAT! just about to give up

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Default NO HEAT! just about to give up

2005 e-250 4.6 v8. First the fan only worked on high then stoped all together checked all fuses none blown so i got an resistor didnt fix it. got a new blower motor still nothing then replaced the resistor conector pig tail nothing, then i replaced the fan switch on the dash still didnt work. now i just bypassed everything and ran wire from battery to blower to inside and conect the wire manualy when i need heat. Im losing sleep thinking about this want it fixed. thank you for any input

Old 02-10-2013, 02:36 PM

Okay hold your horses. Let start fresh you mean your main concern is your Vehicle's BLOWER MOTOR FAN IS INOPERATIVE. not you do not have heat just the fan doesn't work correct. The more proper information i have the better i can assist you. You can PM your VIN and i can further help you out.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:03 PM

It sounds to me that he might have a broken wire or poor connection or one that corroded so bad that it can't carry the juice to run the blower motor. not all problems can be solved by giving out the VIN. now unless you have a program that shows every thing from wiring diagrams to every bolt and their torque specs. then I think all the person needs to do is trace the wire back to the power source and find out where the power is and where it isn't. It could be that the ground is poor as well. sorry FordLifeSaver I'm not trying to make you out to be a bad tech I'm just trying to help out is all

Old 02-10-2013, 04:58 PM

I can run the VIN. pull TSB's, Recalls, Pinpoint test, Wiring Diagrams, Manuals, Warranty History, Previous Work Done, pretty much everything. Without the proper information from the customer or the person in need i don't take guesses. If they feel not to respond with that information then i do not have a problem with everyone else giving their opinions on the concern.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:00 PM

Some vehicles have a standard type heater system while others could have a deluxe system with automatic temp controls and these can be a little more difficult to troubleshoot. The vin will usually help to determine which system the vehicle has and this can make checking it out a little easier. I think I'm somewhat correct in this case and rest assured I expect to be corrected if not correct. Van driver, be a little more patient and this problem will get resolved. We have some of our best men on it!

Old 02-10-2013, 05:13 PM

Van driver all you have to do is look on the control center and tell what type of heater you have if nothing is written on it then it's a standard heater if it says auto climate control then you have the deluxe heating system

Old 02-10-2013, 05:19 PM

ok you're the expert i'm just a guy that doesn't know it all nor want to. Van driver give it to him and post the results if you would please.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:31 PM

vin #1FTNE24W25HA49985 It was a sears service van. so it's prolly got statard heater. but it did have wireing for a computer but not wired at all now. thanks everyone.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:31 PM

is the blower relay clicking on when the fan switch is turned on?

Old 02-10-2013, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by van driver
vin #1FTNE24W25HA49985 It was a sears service van. so it's prolly got statard heater. but it did have wireing for a computer but not wired at all now. thanks everyone.

ISSUE:
Some 1997-2012 E-Series vehicles may experience a blower motor that is inoperative, operates incorrectly, or that only functions on one speed.

This is what was found and the result for this issue is to replace the blower motor switch & pigtail assembly. These are the part numbers for them.
E6DZ-19986-A Blower Motor Switch
1U2Z-14S411-BB Pigtail
Now depending on what pigtail you have replaced you may be missing this one & you already have replaced the blower motor switch as you stated so the next step would be following the pinpoint test. First Check if those components i posted are the ones you have replaced. If so i will put the pinpoint test up for you to follow for your concern.

Quick Reply: NO HEAT! just about to give up