Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

Rear speaker Install 2013 E-250

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 07:10 PM
Default Rear speaker Install 2013 E-250

I just bought a 2013 E250 cargo van pw windows,mirrors,and locks and would like to install factory speakers (which I got on E-Bay) in the rear doors however there is no wiring back there for them. I didn't know Ford made so many different wiring harnesses for the same van. Is there a place other than under the dash where the main harness stops (like in the door post) and then gets plugged into the various optional harnesses to run the back of the vehicle?? If so does anyone know which harness it would be there has to be a dozen or so different ones like power door locks w/camera,no pwr locks wo/camera etc. Years ago only one harness and you could hook up stuff years later with no problem . Go to your nearby Ford dealer and he looks at me like I'm nuts ,"you can't do that the harness is put in on the assembly line" or they want the VIN and then say again you can't do that. any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:34 PM

you could run your own speaker wires back there if you know how to put things together like it was at the factory. that shouldn't effect the warenty

Old 01-31-2014, 02:12 PM

Trying to avoid running wires to the back of the radio if there is a upgrade harness I can buy that will plug in somewhere to factory harness which already has the speaker wires in it. Thanks for your input. Mike Poletti

Old 02-01-2014, 05:32 PM

most all the cargo vans didn't come with rear speakers in it. I have a question for you. does your van have factory rear speakers in it or the covers for the rear speakers? if not then the only way to have rear speakers is to run your own wires back to it

Old 02-02-2014, 06:27 AM

Thanks,no there are no speakers now only the cutouts for them with mounting holes,but in the back of the radio which is the same radio they use for the 4 and 6 speaker version the speaker wires all come out and go into a harness and then ?? They make many diff harnesses from the b post back and if I could pick up the wires there or get the plug in harness that fits my van I'd rather do that then solder wires behind the radio. It might be cheaper and faster to just run wires like you say so if I can't find a solution at the local Ford parts dealer I'll just run the wires. Funny if I want to bring in the van to Ford they will install the 4 extra speakers no problem $$$$$ and I know they will find the harness.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:16 PM

try this then, ask if they have one out of a conversion van instead. you might have better luck that way