Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

Sea Foam Cleaner - Where to put it in for intake system?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Default Sea Foam Cleaner - Where to put it in for intake system?

Hi guys,

I have a 1993 Ford Econoline E-150 van. I am looking to use the Sea Foam cleaner where it is sucked up and added to the intake system for cleaning.

What vacuum hose or port do I want to suck it up into to clean it safely and apply to all cylinders?

Thanks guys,
Craig

Old 01-03-2013, 07:03 AM

Best if you watch some of the videos on YouTube, just search SEAFOAM.
And have someone help to run the motor as your pouring the SEAFOAM.
I done my 2003 E250 4.2L V-6 in a few steps
1st I ran motor till fully warmed up than shut off
2nd I pulled the erg pressure sensor & poured a few oz in the tubes, while that was soaking in the carbon build up I put some in a spray bottle and held open the throttle body and sprayed some inside the throttle body and then scrubbed off any carbon build up with a tooth brush, look for a ridge of carbon around were the throttle plate seats when closed.
3rd waited 20 minutes for a good soak in and leaving the erg pressure sensor still disconnected I started the motor and revved it up and down until the smoke was done coming from the tail pipe. Then shut down the motor.
4th reinstalled the erg pressure sensor and disconnected the break booster vacuum line at the booster and pulled the PVC hose from the valve cover and started the motor up
With the motor still hot and running I poured 1/3 cup slowly in to the break booster vacuum line at the booster and a few oz in to the PVC hose and revved just enough to draw in the SEAFOAM and then shut off the motor and reconnected the hoses and waited another 20 minutes to get a good soak in.
5th started the motor and revved it up and down until the smoke was done coming from the tail pipe.
Any SEAMFOAM left over just put in the gas tank and that will help clean the injectors. Keep in mind it may loosen some crap in the tank and lines so you may want to replace your fuel filters after you use up that tank of gas. And don’t get stupid crazy revving the motor like some of the guys in the videos un less you want to blow the motor up.
You can also add to your oil and leave it in until your next oil change, good for cleaning the lower end..
Be sure to do this outdoors, it will be a lot of smoke to the point someone not aware of what you are doing will think your burning down the house.
Good luck