Ford Edge This new crossover combines the economy of a compact car with the interior size and capabilities of an SUV.

2007 Ford Edge Mystery Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 10:01 PM
Default 2007 Ford Edge Mystery Problem

At a loss here.. 2007 Ford Edge 110000 miles on it and have been having a problem for the past 2 years I would say. Never thrown a code or died on me but for the life of me and my mechanics cannot determine the issue. While driving down the road at any speed limit and holding speed my Edge begins to "sputter" and "buck" wildly until I give it a little gas and it stops. This issue is extremely bad on the highway even with cruise on. When accelerating just slightly and passing someone it begins to violently sputter forcing me to give it even more gas. I am at a loss, the only thing I could even imagine is a stopped up fuel filter but it is a lifetime filter according to Ford. I have ran cleaners and cleaned the MAF sensor and had it looked at with no luck but I have found others online with similar issues but no solution.. Please help

Old 10-25-2014, 12:26 AM

Dont know of you figured out the issue seeing as you posted this back in May but I would plug in a scanner and check for cylinder misfire counts. Codes wont appear unless you have a certain number of counts. This may lead you to the problem cylinder.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:19 PM
Default Update?

Originally Posted by MJP00
At a loss here.. 2007 Ford Edge 110000 miles on it and have been having a problem for the past 2 years I would say. Never thrown a code or died on me but for the life of me and my mechanics cannot determine the issue. While driving down the road at any speed limit and holding speed my Edge begins to "sputter" and "buck" wildly until I give it a little gas and it stops. This issue is extremely bad on the highway even with cruise on. When accelerating just slightly and passing someone it begins to violently sputter forcing me to give it even more gas. I am at a loss, the only thing I could even imagine is a stopped up fuel filter but it is a lifetime filter according to Ford. I have ran cleaners and cleaned the MAF sensor and had it looked at with no luck but I have found others online with similar issues but no solution.. Please help

What did the problem end up being? Thanks!!