Ford Edge This new crossover combines the economy of a compact car with the interior size and capabilities of an SUV.

Bought my Valentine a 2014 Edge SEL

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Thumbs up Bought my Valentine a 2014 Edge SEL

I picked up a 2014 Edge SEL platinum metallic with charcoal leather for my wife yesterday.
I was very reluctant about an Edge due to engine/trans issues Ford techs told me about. I was a Ford tech before I joined the military and still do my own maintenance.
But my wife took very good care of her 08 Mercury Mariner and with 277,000 miles on it, I decided it was time.

I was very impressed with the ride, power and road handling and it gets great mileage. Has a whopping 64 miles on it so we are going out on Valentines Day for a little road trip.

This vehicle has My Touch and Blue tooth and its a nice feature to control things by talking instead of hunting around for controls while driving.
I'm liking the roominess and legroom too; I'm 6'3" and was also wondering about legroom for me, but its no problem. Has just as much room as my F-250 super cab.
This car also has the towing package on it too which is nice if I ever have to tow a small trailer to haul a couch or something small. Also like having that big piece of steel in back just in case we ever get rear-ended there is some extra bracing back there.

I'll post if anything goes wrong with it, but I think its going to be a very good vehicle. My German Shepherd wanted to get inside and go for a ride too, he liked the smell of that leather I think.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator
Thumbs up

Congratulations on the new rig.

Of course next year you'll have top this year :*)

Old 02-13-2015, 06:54 AM

SMH, Your in trouble for next year. You better save for that new house.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:08 AM

I hope not!!

I actually got her the car just because the house finally is paid off and
we are heading for retirement; or maybe semi-retired.... we'll see :-)

I ordered a bug deflector and got my wife a Hello Kitty steering wheel cover
to give her that "her car" look. I think she likes the steering wheel cover better than the car now HA HA!!

If anyone is contemplating a new car from Ford; that 0% rate for 48 or 60 months is a very good deal. If get the My Touch option; I'd highly recommend the extended warrany through ESP; they are improved in coverage and have dropped in price which I added to the 0% loan. Payments are about $488 a month....I can live with that.

I'll let you all know how the new Edge proves out.
My dealer is Deacon-Jones Ford Lincoln in Goldsboro, NC; they are awesome and also do a lot of out of state business--call them up!!