Ford Edge This new crossover combines the economy of a compact car with the interior size and capabilities of an SUV.

Why did you get an Edge, not a rival?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 04:04 PM
Default Why did you get an Edge, not a rival?

Hello List, I am looking to buy a used Edge, 6 cyl, and I am wondering why you chose an Edge over a similar vehicle...like a Traverse, or Pilot, orOutback, Hyundai Sport, Highlander? Thanks

Old 04-29-2016, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Well, opposite of your question, but we or should I say the wife strayed away from Ford this time.

Her last two vehicles were a new Sporttrac, and then a F150 crew cab. Both were excellent rigs. The F150 was bought for its passenger/towing capacity and she then needed a 4x4. She travels for business and is always given different rental cars. She called once on the road and said she was in a new KIA Sorento and was impressed. A what? ;-) I was pushing for a Ford Explorer possibly the Escape.

She ended up with the new Sorento, which I have say is an impressive build quality, excellent road/traveling car, and optioned 'very' well. Service, and customer service has been exemplary
That said, id probably have preferred she purchased a Ford product.. But the reality is IMO, build quality and reliability have really improved across the board. And all of them have great customer offerings.

Old 05-02-2016, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Hayapower
Well, opposite of your question, but we or should I say the wife strayed away from Ford this time.

Her last two vehicles were a new Sporttrac, and then a F150 crew cab. Both were excellent rigs. The F150 was bought for its passenger/towing capacity and she then needed a 4x4. She travels for business and is always given different rental cars. She called once on the road and said she was in a new KIA Sorento and was impressed. A what? ;-) I was pushing for a Ford Explorer possibly the Escape.

She ended up with the new Sorento, which I have say is an impressive build quality, excellent road/traveling car, and optioned 'very' well. Service, and customer service has been exemplary
That said, id probably have preferred she purchased a Ford product.. But the reality is IMO, build quality and reliability have really improved across the board. And all of them have great customer offerings.
Great info !!

Old 05-10-2016, 04:22 PM

Thanks for the info. I actually did go and try to sit in a Sorento...too bad, I don't fit. Not enough headroom. Still looking at the Edge........one reason is beacause I fit. :-) I think a 2015, with the updated touch screen system, might be the wayto go. any recalls with this year model?

Old 02-14-2018, 02:51 PM

Just purchased a 2013 Edge. Looked at the other models that you mentioned as well. Our reasons for the Edge are as follows. We have had a series of Ford Escapes and loved them. We needed something bigger to accommodate a growing number of adult and grandchildren yet not be too big. We didn't want the length of a 3 seat SUV. The width of the Edge allows 3 adults (or two adults and a car seat) to sit reasonably comfortably in the rear seat. After driving several Edges as well as the competitors, we felt the Edge was much more solid feeling than the others and we found one with ALL the bells and whistles for a good price. None of the competitors could match it feature vs. Price. We chose the turbo 4 FWD as it had much better fuel economy ratings than the 6 and I believe that a good FWD is virtually as good as an AWD with less to go wrong. Opinions will vary. This is ours.