Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

2006 Escape XLT

Old 01-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Default 2006 Escape XLT

Hello,

In September of 2005 I leased a 2006 Escape XLT. All was until the rear wiper motor went in February of 2006, the the ENGINE QUIT on i-94 at rush hour. It took the dealer ship 28 days to agree to fix it under warranty, they were trying to say that I let it overheat or that I did something to it. Then a week after I finally got it back the trans went and I threatened the 30 day within 1 year part of the Lemon Law. They did the trans within 1 day. Now this week it is going back in due to it not taking any gas. I try to pump and it comes back out and splashes me like it is full. I am so very upset that I got a 3 year lease and Ford won't help me get rid of it without paying $3000 to get out of it.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Default RE: 2006 Escape XLT

I took it in about the gas tank and they replaced the filler neck. Well now it is still doing that where the gas comes back out. I called the dealership and they said if its still doing that in a week then bring it back in.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:31 PM

I'm starting to seriously doubt the escapes. My mom bought one earlier in the year and we went trhough a helluva time getting the thing to lock and unlock. took the dealer 3 times to fix. Now i'm pretty sure the trans is on the way to going also. The other day going down the highway it kept slipping in and out of overdrive. I think were just gonna trade it and get a BMW X5

Old 02-05-2007, 07:22 PM

Well I had to take it back in again today for the gas tank. My dad flew off the handle yesterday when I told him to put gas in it for me. He said he wanted to throw a lit cigarette in the gas tank it make him so angry. So I am now in a rental car which is a 2007 Edge. Not too bad but very big inside. I AM SO WANTING TO GET RID OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-07-2007, 02:15 AM

wow, you guys are having some bad luck with your escapes. As for the escape with the fuel problem, is it taking fuel at all? This similar situation happened to a friend [ different car though] but his car was taking fuel it just stopped every 5 seconds and he would have to keep pumping it everytime it clicked out. Turns out his solenoid pump wasn't working properly, maybe that might have something to do with it?

Old 03-07-2007, 08:27 PM

Well what had happened was that there were two pieces that were misshaped i am guessing......... They ended up having to replace the vapor management valve and solenoid. The parts that were bad were allowing water into the gas tank and it was freezing which was not allowing me to pump gas.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Default Gas backing up at you

I had the same problem, which the dealer said was the result of frozen dirty water in the the vent pipe that runs parallel to the filler tube. After they ran a wire down it they pushed the stuff into the tank. Where it must have disolved and mixed in with the gas.
This must happen to us northern cold climate folks here in Canada.

Old 11-26-2011, 03:43 AM
Default Dealerships

This may suprise some of you, but not all dealerships have the best mechanics. If your have issues with a particular dealership, its most likely the technicians are not doing the job properly and trying to get it done so fast as to make money at it, quality of their work usually suffers. Take it somewhere else, try a dealership with a good reputation. Not all have good tech's.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:13 AM

Gotta agree with you on that one FordTech. Have seen where the dealership was required to send a tech for update training in order to qualify to do warranty work and they couldn't spare the loss of the tech for days, so who did they send, the car washer who slept through the classes. Now the tech is supposed to know all the new procedures for the new vehicles and doesn't. Sure good techs are very difficult to find these days and hold onto, but there are some people in the position that just should not be there too!

Old 01-04-2012, 10:56 PM

I could really use some help i bought a 2005 Ford Escape from Joe Hall Ford on November 7th of 2011. The original agreement with Joe Hall Ford was that everything in the front end/ miss fire was going to be fixed. Since I got the vehicle is has continuouslly been in the shop for the same problem it had the day i bought it. My Ford Escape is miss firing in first, second, and third. Also the egr valve and the throttle positioning sensor which have all been replaced. The shops in town can not tell me if it is the pcm or what it might be but i could use some help.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 Escape XLT