Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

2005 Ford Escape ABS light

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Default 2005 Ford Escape ABS light

I searched to see if there was a solution to this, I found a similar thread - but I don't if the user had the exact same problem I am having.

I just replaced the front brakes and had my rotors machined 2 weeks ago. My family drove to colorado with no problems, we came back Monday morning. Last night I was headed to band practice and when I pulled up, I put the car in park and pulled the E-brake like always. I noticed that the handle was difficult to pull up all the way. I released it, tried again - still difficult. I released it a third time and tried - this time it seemed to go up fine, so I thought nothing of it.

When I left, I released the brake as always and put the car in drive. As soon as I started driving, beeping went off as if I left the brake on. So I reached down to release it- it was fully released. I saw that the ABS light was on, and the system beeped continuously for about 5 minutes while driving. The brakes work fine, I can feel the E-brake release when I put the handle down, and I can feel it grab the wheels when I lock it in place. Yet to me, it seems, that the car seems to think the brake has not been released. Anyone know what is causing this?

I checked the Brake fluid, it is filled to the "max" line. So I don't think that is it..

Old 01-05-2012, 06:51 PM

I had the same issue after having new tires and brake pads put on. The code said there was an error with the sensor. The tech looked at it and found a cracked tone ring. I had the dealer replace it. No more light and no more ABS kicking on with dry pavement. Good luck!