Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

beeping from under dash

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Unhappy Beeping sounds in 5 increment beeps then again for 5 times total

Help me stop this horrible beeping I have a 2007 Escape and it started beeping yesterday... it is driving me crazy and I paid cash for this in 2007 so there is no payment problem.

I solved this... My escape was out of alignment. I got it aligned and the beeping stopped. It is not in the book and I took it to ford and they wanted much money to run tests on it... I didn't pay. Someone at work said one of my tires was wearing so I took it got it aligned and the beeping stopped.

Last edited by Beth Schoeffler; 06-20-2012 at 05:38 AM. Reason: FOUND SOLUTION
Old 06-20-2012, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by escape154
I have a 2002 Escape with 150000 miles. About a minute after I start it there are five series of five beeps from under the dash. There are no warning lights lit and the beeping comes back every half hour or so. It is a differant sound than the other warning sounds, more flat.

I stopped at a Ford dealer who said they had never heard of the problem but could keep it for a while and try to find out what it is.

Any ideas?
I solved this... My escape was out of alignment. I got it aligned and the beeping stopped. It is not in the book and I took it to ford and they wanted much money to run tests on it... I didn't pay. Someone at work said one of my tires was wearing so I took it to a tire place got it aligned and the beeping stopped.

Last edited by Beth Schoeffler; 06-20-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:59 PM
Smile Beeping under dash.

The beeping under the dash is most likely caused by a failed airbag warning light in the dash. Just change the dash bulb in the warning light location and the beeping should go away.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:32 AM
Default 5 Beeps each for 5 times then stops and starts again no warning lights 04

Originally Posted by Ken i
I have a 04 freestar this problem just started... has anyone figured out what is causing it? No check engine light just one beep a second for 5 seconds then 5 second pause and 5 beeps again --- goes on like that for 25 seconds... repeats every 25 miles or when car is started... help????
Thanks

Old 04-21-2019, 09:18 PM
Default what if the bulb isn't burned out

Originally Posted by michaelssm
The beeping under the dash is most likely caused by a failed airbag warning light in the dash. Just change the dash bulb in the warning light location and the beeping should go away.
what if the bulb is not burned out?

Old 04-21-2019, 09:23 PM

has ne one answered u?

Old 11-27-2019, 04:09 PM
Default Expensive fix

2011 escape. Heard a quiet beeping under the dash one day. Beeped 5 consecutive times and then stopped, never to happen again. No warning lights on the instrument cluster.
called ford, nobody had heard of this issue. Stumbled upon this forum and prompted me to look at my passenger airbag indicator light, which I discovered is not functioning. Light comes on when vehicle starts, then goes out even when there is nobody in the seat. It appears that the airbag is constantly on. However that is apparently not the case. The beeping indicated that there is a fault in the system and the passenger airbag in deactivated due to the fault.
Checked the codes and showed nothing, a week later there’s now a code showing a fault with the pressure sensitive switch. But the codes comes and goes. THERES ZERO INDICATION THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG.
the only fix for this is to replace the whole seat base, which is a dealer only part and runs at about $3600 CAD.
Contacted Ford Canada and they said there’s really nothing they can do about it and didn’t seem all that concerned that a vital safety component has failed and there has been no indication other than a slight beeping which was heard by coincidence.
Report the problem to Ford!

Old 11-28-2019, 08:22 AM

Anytime you get an expensive quote for any repair, it is always a good move to get a few different estimates. AND make sure you know what is included or excluded in the estimate.