Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Brand new 2017 Ford Escape dies after less than 350km!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 03:30 PM
Default Brand new 2017 Ford Escape dies after less than 350km!

I just bought a brand new 2017 Ford Escape SE, only 300 kilomètres. I was driving on the highway when suddenly the car decided to die on me, when I pushed on the gas it would only make a loud grinding noise and wouldn't accelerate and when I pulled over to the side using the power of the momentum left from the speed I was going, pressing on the brakes was even hard and would just make the car studder. I don't know if this is a common problem but this kind of crap shouldn't happen in a brand new car! I got it towed to the dealership where they said they're going to fix it, but I told them if I wanted a rebuilt car I would have bought a used one and calmly asked to get a new car instead considering the car died on me so fast. They told me to call ford, so I did and I am still waiting for a response!

Old 10-06-2016, 04:08 PM

I can sympathize with your concern and frustration,but as you are probably aware there are more complicated things in this vehicle than what went up to the moon in the first space capsule.
It might be a good idea to first wait and see what the cause was. If it was something simple that just got past the prep before release to the customer you would hardly expect to get another vehicle if for example a wire was just not tight. I'm sure you will agree.
If it was something major, by all means I would agree with you and let them keep the vehicle. This is not the first time a brand new vehicle just made it out the showroom door and quit and it won't be the last.
There could be so many reasons for the problem and until you know for sure, and received a loaner, might be a good move to wait and see !

Old 10-06-2016, 05:24 PM

Yeah I just got it back, they said the axle blew....I understand things like this do happen but as I was on the highway going 100km and that is a dangerous situation to be in. Also when I got my car back they damaged the rear bumper...jeez! I called them and will to speak with the service manager tomorrow.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:22 AM

Picture this, a service mgr has it coming at him/her form all sides the customer, the dealership mgr and the dealership sales dept and the owner. So when someone comes in with a problem be it serious or otherwise ,it's just another headache. So, having been there, when a customer comes back with a problem it is a pleasure to work for an understanding customer and you try to do all you possibly can to please that customer. Among his/her problems are trying to get and keep good help that would not let the vehicle go back to the customer with a messed up bumper, need I say anymore.