Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Ford escape drum to disc

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 09:43 PM
Default Ford escape drum to disc

I have been considering changing out the rear drums to disc brakes in my wife's escape. I know that usually modifying the car like this usually means a whole brake system overhaul. But before I get all the usual negative responses I see on every forum i belong to. Let me say in our case the whole system in the rear keeps failing she has taken it to Ford 3times all of which it comes back works for a few weeks than fails again I know it's a expensive venture but at this point the whole brake system is going to be replaced in my garage I don't feel like paying for any more guess work and I'm looking to try to find all the parts lines master cylinder.basically all parts list in need to do this and if it has ever been done on this car before

Old 02-25-2016, 01:22 PM
Former Sponsor

If you do not have an idea of what you need then I would not suggest going forward with this modification. Brakes are a very important aspect of the vehicle and are not something that should be guessed on. If you really want to do this I would start here: https://www.google.com/search?q=ford...archBox&ie=&oe=

Old 02-25-2016, 11:15 PM

Just out of curiosity, what "Keeps Failing" on the rear brakes?

Then to help change from drum to rotor system, what year vehicle do you have?