Ford Enthusiast Unofficial Resource

Go Back   Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners > Ford Trucks, Ford Vans & Ford SUV's > Ford Escape
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Ford Forum!
Welcome to Ford Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2007, 03:57 PM

Default front end thumping when i hit bumps..help

I have a 03 escape limited...when i hit bumps the front end makes a thumping sound....my friend who is a mechanic looked it over and thinks it is the subframe mounts....he lifted the car and said the rear of the subframe dropped...i called the dealership and they said there is no mount and that the subframe is hard bolted to the unitbody....has anyone had this problem?? any diagram?? repair advise? All input appreciated.................Chachi
Old 02-25-2007, 11:15 AM

Default RE: front end thumping when i hit bumps..help

Same problem here, my wife has a 2002 escape and when she goes over a bump there isa thump in the front end...??

2000 Ford Ranger V6 3.0 L Flex
Old 08-26-2007, 12:34 PM

it's the bushings...have them repacked that should help. I hadthe same issue when I got my 2002 used and it was the bushings and after they are fixed try to take it easy on the speed bumps!
Old 08-27-2007, 08:23 AM

Usually the first thing to go is the stabalizer bar links and or mount busings. Then the ball joints. If you lift the car and push on the various components you will see looseness (paly) on the worn parts.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:38 PM

Don't know if it's the same, but I have a 2002 Escape with 125k miles and it has had a loud popping noise in the front suspension for almost a year and no one could properly diagnose it. Turned out to be a bad/worn outstabilizer bar. My mechanic replaced it for a whopping $40.00 parts and labor. So it was well worththe small price to pay,and the sound is finally gone.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:30 PM

had same on one side,,,stabilizer bar links,they run from lower to upper susp.parts tying them together, 25$ a piece,100$ job.replace both at same time
Old 09-15-2008, 08:47 PM

We had the same problem. The dealer replaced the stabilizer bars which did not fix the clunk. My husband put in a new stabilizer bar and this took care of the problem.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:48 PM

i meant my husband replaced the tie rod.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:48 PM

Tags
2002, bump, bumps, clunk, end, esape, escape, focus, ford, front, hit, loud, popping, ranger, thump, thumping