Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Misfire in cylinder 5 and 6

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 09:20 PM
Default Misfire in cylinder 5 and 6

Thanks for any assistance. My 2004 Escape has a couple of issues. I'm not sure if they're related, so i'll mention both. I've noticed that when it rains a lot the night before, when I crank it the next morning it runs very rough. The CEL comes on, and the engine jumps and spurts. Eventually it starts to run good after being cranked for awhile. I got the code checked and it says I'm getting a misfire in cylinder 5 and 6. I've read in other forums that this could be something getting wet when it rains causing it to act like this, but then not doing it after drying up. I'm not sure exactly what, though. I've heard it could be the ignition coils, but that's expensive without knowing for sure.
The other issue seems to be unrelated, but I'm not sure. About two months ago my oil light started flickering, when coming to a stop or idling. The car was running fine while doing this, though. The previous issue predates the oil issue by a year, but hadn't acted up in that year. The only thing that makes me think they could be related was when I was in the car today I noticed that at times when he car would stumble it would be in unison with the oil light flickering. I would love to know where to start on this. I'm short on money and knowledge, but have some limited ability and would like to fix it myself.