Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Is my 2005 Ford Escape Salvageable

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 06:58 PM
Default Is my 2005 Ford Escape Salvageable

Sorry if I posted this twice I think this is correct spot:

Well 1st off I know nothing about cars as you will see from my situation. I am 67 female--- I will give bottom line:

2005 Ford Escape just turned 100,000 mile. Actual problem was a broken radiator hose. (water running down my driveway) My next door neighbor thinking he was going to help me by filling up lost water totally filled the OIL compartment with water... water over flowed into manifold ---even filled up spark plugs.... I did not attempt to start, (even I knew enough not to) anyway so far what has been done is the car drained-- oil changed 3 times--- now white smoke coming out which I was told may be temporary-- oil light is going off and on--- check engine light on giving code for : " fuel level Temperature & fuel rail sensor.

Is this car now a total? Should I get rid of it ASAP or can I drive it another year or so? Is it a disaster waiting to happen?

I just drove it again no more white smoke and the oil light did not come on, but the check engine light still on.

Old 01-01-2016, 08:17 PM

You didn't mention changing the oil filter hopefully it was just an oversight and that was changed also. I believe you did the right thing by draining everything before attempting to start it. You think you know nothing, but you did know enough to do the right things.
It sounds like you caught it in time and did all the right things . The check engine light will probably go out after a few trips and everything dries out. These things happen all the time and if the car runs alright everything should be OK. Have a cup of coffee and consider yourself lucky because I don't think you will have any further trouble from the bath the engine received! Just keep an eye on the engine oil color . If it starts to look milky/soupy have it changed again.