Ford Excursion So the size of the Expedition is not enough for you, then the massive Excursion is the way to go. With options including a powerful diesel engine, the Excursion is like a tractor trailer built for family use.

No Power Windows, Dome Light, Radio, Instrument Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Default Just fixed this issue?

I had same problem, no interior lights, no instament panel, no power windows. Most likely problems are delayed accessory relay ( should click when plugged and unplugged.) If you recently had a low battery then most likely the battery saver relay is stuck. This is located on the circuit board of your instrament panel cluster. Little black box (about 1/2"wides x 1" long) right beside the two smaller plugins going into the cluster. I fixed mine by just tapping on it. Hope this helps!

Old 03-21-2013, 06:23 PM

there is a big connector up in the inside firewall, drivers side, near the top, I read about it a year or so ago.. said water from windows sucking around the dash, or windshield leads, would corrode the contacts in this unit and you needed to clean them, and fill the thing with no-oxidation grease.. seems like they called it MSN or MSD or something similar to that?..

Old 05-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Default Try this

Ok this is going to sound really stupid but here it goes: I left my radio on with the door open for hours and killed the battery. After jumping my excursion none of the main power items (Speedo, windows,guages, etc) worked. Went through all the fuses and found they were all good. So here is how I fixed the problem: I disconnected the battery and let sit a few minutes and re-connected. Turned the key on and walla everything works.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by jkeller1964
Ok this is going to sound really stupid but here it goes: I left my radio on with the door open for hours and killed the battery. After jumping my excursion none of the main power items (Speedo, windows,guages, etc) worked. Went through all the fuses and found they were all good. So here is how I fixed the problem: I disconnected the battery and let sit a few minutes and re-connected. Turned the key on and walla everything works.
Your fix was the right one for my 2003 Ford Excursion. Thank God I read your post before going on an expensive and time consuming goose chase.

Last edited by David Gibler; 10-08-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:28 AM

Check your clusters buddy.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Smile one way to do it

after installing a new alternator, i had no power windows, no power seats, no interior lights, no radio, and i could not open the rear window plus the instrument cluster was all over the place.

i tried several things that i found on line ... none worked ... my mechanic/friend of the family had one idea but it did not work and i was about to take it to him when i decided to try crazy

i pulled all fuses associated with the delayed accecories ...2 under the hood and 6 under the dash ...i then started the truck and started putting them back in ... first the two under the hood, then under the dash ... i put in a 5 amp fuse ... i think it was a memory fuse ... and the radio started blasting peter gabriel .... woo hoo

i called my mechanic and he said he would try it next time he had an electrical stumper and if it works ... i win a case of beer

good luck all

Old 05-29-2017, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by funkymm0011
No solutions yet. I even noticed that my brake lights and blinkers aren't working although my brake light over the rear doors is. Very frustrating about ready to take it in to the dealer. Afraid of the bill though.
replace your rear light bulbs there is a three way relay through the rear light bulbs if not it's probably the brake light switch connected to the brake pedal

Old 11-21-2019, 05:39 PM

jkeller1964,

OK just had to sign up so I could thank you!!!
went to leave this morning and the beast was dead...as a "door nail"
so we took the wifes truck...we do volunteer work together.
and did not look forward to figuring out the truck problem when we got home.
2004 excursion.. jumped battery and figured things would be OK after a good charge.
But the alternator and battery are new as of this spring..so was miffed as to what had happened

When the truck started .. the instrument panel was dead, truck runs and will start even after a small charge time.. but panel dead..partially..some of the panel lites were on but all gauges dead and the speedo was at 100..ODD
then started noticing other things.. radio lit ..but would not play
windows will not work, side panel running lights will not come on, and all interior lights gone..

OK Internet here I come. there has to be someone besides me that has seen all of this go bad as well.
after an hour or so it seemed as though I was about to dismantle my dash and remove the inst cluster
because I had checked on all the fuses needed and they were all OK
so which cluster repair company was going to get my cash..

the only glimmer of hope was the connectors being loose at the top of the cluster ...since SOME of the inst lights came on...the ones on the right!
but then I stumbled onto your glorious post.
I decided ..well this sounds too good to be true...but worth a try

easy thing ...let's hope for the best.
Well took off neg lead on the battery for 10 mins
went back and hooked it up
and low and behold first thing I noticed was the interior lights came right on
( cus by now it was dark and figured I would have to deal with this in the AM but had internet hopes left! )

turned the key and the dash sprang to life just as I had hoped for!!!
turned the key to start and all was as it should be!!!

So thank you so much for taking the time to post what you had thought was:

"Ok this is going to sound really stupid but here it goes:"
I disconnected the battery and let sit a few minutes and re-connected. Turned the key on and walla everything works.

I have to say, not only did you save me a ton of money, but all the time and grief of dismantling the truck
waiting for a part I did not actually need and then reassembling everything just to find out I did not fix anything.

Instead I got lucky enough to see your post.
So
Thank You again!!!!!
VERY Grateful for your time and INFO

PERFECT input to a truck forum!!!

Last edited by anexcursioner; 11-21-2019 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-14-2020, 09:18 PM
Default Here is my solution

2007 E350
I had no dome
no radio
no gauges
no power windows
no radio

replaced fuse #22
all problems fixed except stereo

removed stereo

Old 12-16-2020, 02:29 PM
Thumbs up 2005 excursion inst cluster power problem fix

Originally Posted by David Pruitt
2007 E350
I had no dome
no radio
no gauges
no power windows
no radio

replaced fuse #22
all problems fixed except stereo

removed stereo
=====================================
after google search found a solution
when the battery went down all the way
prior to this problem showing up
it messed with something with the memory in the truck somehow
disconnected the battery for 10 mins
then reconnected it
and everything came back as usual
nothing else done but the battery thing

I had checked all the fuses before trying the battery trick and everything was good
that is when i went looking for more info ...other than the fuse fix
hope this helps clear up some other owners problem

thanks for the input though!

Quick Reply: No Power Windows, Dome Light, Radio, Instrument Cluster