Ford Excursion So the size of the Expedition is not enough for you, then the massive Excursion is the way to go. With options including a powerful diesel engine, the Excursion is like a tractor trailer built for family use.

No Power Windows, Dome Light, Radio, Instrument Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 05:34 AM
Default No Power Windows, Dome Light, Radio, Instrument Cluster

I recently ran into an issue where my Power Windows, Radio, Dome Light Instrument Cluster do not work anymore. I have checked the fuses and everything seems to be fine with them. Any ideas of what I should check as this is my tow rig and while she run's fine it sucks without the instrument cluster, windows, etc... not working.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Default Same Issue

I have the same issue with my 2002 rig. have found a solution? would be nice to know what the issue is.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:52 PM

No solutions yet. I even noticed that my brake lights and blinkers aren't working although my brake light over the rear doors is. Very frustrating about ready to take it in to the dealer. Afraid of the bill though.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

What year X ?

Old 05-23-2010, 07:09 AM

It is a 2002

Old 05-23-2010, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

If you've checked, double checked all the fuses, chances are the cluster is bad.. Is the cluster completely dead? no indicator lights, gauges ect.?

The cluster has an internal battery saver relay controlled by an integrated micro processor for control over of some of the options.. Being its a tow vehicle has it ever had any 'fuse taps' inserted into/on the fuse legs? Have seen problems with various circuits when the wider tap end inserted on one of the fuse legs over stretches the CJB fuse connections, then when removed, causes a bad connection on the fuse leg/s.. Probably not, but a thought/possibility and checking for power distribution for all the feeds to and/or at the cluster should be certain before the cluster is condemned..

Old 05-24-2010, 05:30 AM

Some of the lights still work in the cluster. Seat belt restraint light, ABS light, Battery light. None of the gauges or the trip odometer work. Even my overhead display for fuel mileage, miles left on the tank of gas, etc... doesn't work. The temperature on the overhead display still works though. I have never directly spliced into wires on the back of the CJB. I did however add an aftermarket brake controller but that still seems to function fine. I don't know if I have two problems right now as the truck will now not start either. It isn't getting power from the ignition to the starter solenoid. It is like the Transmission Range Sensor isn't allowing power to the solenoid. I checked the wire out of the ingnition switch and it is sending power when I turn the key. I even jumped it from this wire to the solenoid and the truck fire up but no gauges still.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Default Figured it out!!

Well there was actually two things wrong.

1.) Won't Start - This ended up being the Dark Green wire from the Ignition module to the CJB had it's terminal pulled out of the back of the C202b connector. Problem solved.

2.) Windows, Instrument cluster, etc... not working - This ended up being there was an internal short in the CJB from the F2.35 fuse to the actual exit wire (Black/Light Green). This wire powered the battery saver relay which is connected to alot of items like the instrument cluster, windows etc...

Thank god it is figured out.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Default same problem. no electric to instrument panel

hi funkymm0011,

i have just discovered same problem this morning with my 2003 ford explorer. no power to the windows nor instrument panel. cannot see fuel gauge speed etc. no radio, no internal dome light. BUT headlights work and car starts and runs great.

curious if you did the repair yourself or took it to dealership? if dealer did repair how much was the repair??? $$$$

Old 09-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Default Same issue

I'm having the same exact issue... although mine is kinda self created. It started after I replaced the lamps with custom placed LED's... In it of itself it worked great for several months, but I had a dud LED so I repaired it, then added a few more LED's for some dark spots. I plugged the cluster back in and heard a POP. Now at that time the before I unplugged it, the LED's for the LCD, the gauges were reseting like normal, and window button lights and dome lights were all on. I unplugged it, looked for spark reminace, checked the fuses, all OK so I plugged it back in thinking it was maybe the plasic just snapping together, but it still didn't work... now I'm stuck. The LED's I added test fine, no shorts, and there wasn't any LED wires being grounded. So I'm at a loss.

2004 f150 xlt super crew

Quick Reply: No Power Windows, Dome Light, Radio, Instrument Cluster