Ford Enthusiast Unofficial Resource

Go Back   Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners > Ford Trucks, Ford Vans & Ford SUV's > Ford Expedition
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Ford Forum!
Welcome to Ford Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Expedition Dies At Start Up

I have a 1999 Expedition that has started intermitently dying after it starts. RPM's go up for the start, then it just flat dies. I can keep the motor running when applying pressure to the gas peddle, but as soon as you remove your foot, it dies. Please help.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:13 PM

Default RE: Expedition Dies At Start Up

Check the idle controll motor
Old 06-04-2005, 01:11 AM

Put gas in it.. replace plugs and wires. Check for broken pcv tubes on the motor near the top rear (passenger side of motor.) Replace pcv and fuel filter. Take it to the shop and have it tested after you replace those items to make sure there was no permanent damage to the motor. Like this one guy said.. your car only needs air gas and fire to make it run but it has to run right to drive it.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:59 PM

Sounds like the Idle Control Valve near the firewall (center of firewall) in the engine compartment, on top of the engine. Mine did the same thing and it costs about $50.00 from NAPA for the part. The part is not in the easiest place to get to but can be changed out if you have a socket wrench or open ended wrench.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:49 AM

Quote:
ORIGINAL: ejw67251

I have a 1999 Expedition that has started intermitently dying after it starts. RPM's go up for the start, then it just flat dies. I can keep the motor running when applying pressure to the gas peddle, but as soon as you remove your foot, it dies. Please help.

Idle Air control Valve- period. 40 bucks- you're back in business. Top of intake manifold, center of the engine, almost touching the firewall in the back. Not the easiest to get to, but you can swing it. Two bolts and a gasket- that's it.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:49 AM

Tags
2000, 2006, 97, 99, control, die, dies, expedition, ford, idle, idling, module, roach5337, start, starts