Ford Enthusiast Unofficial Resource

Go Back   Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners > Ford Trucks, Ford Vans & Ford SUV's > Ford Expedition
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Ford Forum!
Welcome to Ford Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Grind noise from front rightside under or near engine, not wheel.

Hi first timer here, I have a 1999 Expedition EB with a 5.4 liter engine. It has all wheel drive, When I am on the road traveling and I get on it to pass or just to speed up there is this weird sound comming from the front Right side. I kind of sounds like metal on metal like sound that the brakes make when the pads are gone. But I just had new brakes put on a short while ago (under 5Kmiles) it only happens when the car is running around 2000RPM's and anywhere around 35MPH to 65+MPH and only when it gets into passing or at full or near full throatle?? Any ideas before I go to the shop....
Old 04-19-2007, 08:03 AM

Default RE: Grind noise from front rightside under or near engine, not wheel.

sounds like either the "front diff." or maybe a "u joint" onone of the front axles..
Old 04-24-2007, 05:23 AM

another possibilty would be wheel bearings,, just figured id throw another idea out there..dont seem like anyone else is jumping on this problem.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:39 PM

was driving (04 exped e.b.4x4)on highway bout 45-55 mph and suddenly, grinding noise from the front end followed by a loud pop...........

took to
dealer said was the rear end....told em problem up front, persisted and replaced the rear end ring and pinion....

picked
car up, and same thing....took it back, seems the vacume line for the hub was leaking causing to not engage right.....

they gonna replace the line, but im worried something broke, or damaged....they saying they gonna test drive in
4x4 and 2x4 make sure all is ok.....

but after a lound grinding and a pop, im not at ease with just a vacume line replacement....my logic tells me somehting broke/craked/fractured/bent.....any ideas...suggestions would be appreciated....truck under full waranty.....

not feeling to confident after a rear end replacement when it was up front vacum line leak all along....know what i mean??????
Old 08-08-2007, 05:39 PM

Tags
bearing, car, craking, focus, ford, front, fusion, grind, grinding, loud, make, noise, side, transmission, wheel