Ford Expedition The Expedition provides the feel of a full size truck with the seating of a large SUV.

If you are having Multiple Misfires, and your Truck Bucks and Jerks, and Poor Start

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 06:06 AM
Default If you are having Multiple Misfires, and your Truck Bucks and Jerks, and Poor Start

Hey Guys, I had an issue with my 2006 Ford Expedition where we were getting multiple misfires, and bucking, and jerking of the truck when we did get it going The Service Engine Soon SES light was on, and we we in really bad shape. We god an odb 11 scanner, and the truck had 13 error codes. I thought this was weird, becuse we had just brought the truck to Ford the week earlier for a Fuel Module to get replaced, and the truck had come up clean of all error codes. We also had a rebuild engine put in last year , so we were sure that the engine dodnt conk out again. Just before we were about to throw in the towel, and take the car into Ford for an official diagnosis, I decided to surf the web to see any similar problems. After much more research, we finally came on to a post where the author with a Ford Pick Up truck stated similar issues with his truck, and he disconnected the BLACK WIRE FROM THE BATTERY FOR 90 MINUTES. I thought this was to far fetched, and could not work, and decided to give it a try. Guess what? It actually worked. NO MORE MISFIRES, and the Car Started fine. Service Engine Light went off, and the truck was good to go.

I promised the heavens, that if I got out of this one unscathed, I would post this for other Ford Truck owners with similar problems. I hope this helps!