Ford Expedition The Expedition provides the feel of a full size truck with the seating of a large SUV.

Noise coming from Dash, I think??

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Default Noise coming from Dash, I think??

Guys, I just bought a '98 Exp., 70k miles, super clean, but the ONLY thing I have found that bugs me is this weird noise that comes on/off during the first 5 mins or so of starting......it sounds/feels like a sticky power antenna...I say feels because you can actually feel it in the wheel and the console and it only lasts for a few secs, sometimes repeating itself within 5 secs or so....very random but still bugs me....Ive opened the door when it happens and I can hear it coming from under the truck but it seems to be coming from the dash area...what could this be....I have tried rev'in the motor up, turning the a/c and fan on during these times and nothing interupts it..just seems random....obviously I dont have a power antenna, but that what is sounds like, when one sticks.....is there a motorized door of some sort that cycles when turning on the ignition, heck at this point kinda clueless....any thoughts would be appreciated

Old 02-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Default RE: Noise coming from Dash, I think??

I have the same problem with my 98. I just bought it, fully loaded Eddie Bauer version, super clean, mileage is a bit high but was very well cared for an maintained. I couldnt figure it out for the life of me but then someone told me it is most likely the compressor that controlls the automatically adjusting shocks. I may be wrong but the explaination sounds logical.