Ford Expedition The Expedition provides the feel of a full size truck with the seating of a large SUV.

Water leaking inside??

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Default Water leaking inside??

I just bought an 03 eddie bauer edition, and have had it for a couple of months....this past weekend, we got about 8 inches of snow. While i was driving, i noticed that water was dripping on the A-pillar "holy shyte" handle. then i noticed it was doing the same thing on the passenger side. Then when i was going around corners it started comming through the interior lights just infront of the sunroof. Anyone have a clue where the water could be commming from?

Thanks

Old 04-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Default RE: Water leaking inside??

It does not sound like the same issue, but a couple years ago I was getting water in by my feet. Water was getting into the master control box(above the pedals). It ended up being a bad windshield seal.

Try to push on the corners(upper especially)of the windshield from the inside. If there is any movement, water is leaking around it .....then in.
Typically shows when snow sits on it and melts.

If not that I would be suspicious of the sunroof leaking...not sure where it seals...

Old 04-19-2007, 07:54 AM

Id agree with the sunroof leak theory. Sounds like its leakig around the sunroof seal then probably running down the back side of the head liner to the edges where it collects up and starts coming out the" hold onhandles" and stuff along the edges of the headliner. good luck hope you get it figured out

Old 04-26-2007, 09:51 PM

I own a 94 Expy and had a simular problem with water coming from my DVD player. I had it at the dealership for some other small issue and asked about it. When I picked it up the service manager explained that the drain tubes in the corners of the sunroof can become clogged and cause the water to leak in at different points. Fix; you can access the top of the tubes from above with the roof open and using air blown in at a moderate level most times will clear the block.