Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

1995 Ford Explorer won't start

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 05:27 AM
Default 1995 Ford Explorer won't start

I just changed the heater core in my wifes 1995 Explorer, and now I have the following symptoms:
no power seats, no power mirror, no interior lights, no door locks, no fuel pump power (I pushed in on the test port with the key turned on and no pressure or fuel came out) the truck just turns over. Could it be that when I moved the drivers seat back all the way I may have accidently disconnected something under the seat? I visually looked at all the fuses in the box and power distibution block, but no blown fuses. I did notice in the manual that there are some relays in the rear drivers side of the truck that control some of the above mentioned functions, but I have not lookedinto ityet. How would I test a relay? Could I have also damaged that many wires when I reinstalled the dash, or do they all come together into a wiring harness - I didn't disconnect any wiring under the dash and only removed what I had to in order to get the heater core out (I left the dashboard in the truck). I also checked the fuel shutoff switch - I reset it to be sure. Any help would be gretly appreciated.