Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

97 explorer window problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Default 97 explorer window problem

Hi all,

I have a 97 explorer that I bought a month ago, the lady i got it from did tell me that the passenger side window would not go up.
Ok no problem, I figured it was a bad motor so I bought it anyway.

After a lot of money and a big headache, I have come to realize it is not the motor.

Heres whats up. The passenger side front window will go down by using the switch on the door but it will not go back up unless it is jumped directly from the battery. The drivers side switch will not do anything with the window at all. The other 3 work fine. I went a got a new main swicth for the drivers side door and still nothing.

I took the switch from the passenge side rear door and put in on the front to see if it was that switch, nope.
So I took the switch off of the front door and jumped it from the battery to the part where the switch pulgs into, the window goes up and down.

I went back over to the drivers side door, took of the switch and jumped the drivers side window, up and down. I then jumped the passender side window from the main switch in the drivers side door and it did nothing.

Can anyone at all point me in the right direction before I start breaking things.