Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

explorer sport trac valve body gasket help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 11:27 AM
Default explorer sport trac valve body gasket help!

I have a 2001 ford explorer sport trac. yesterday i replaced the valve body gasket on the trasmission. I watched videos on youtube how to do it by other mechnics. well i replaced it all with no problems but now my ? is after I replaced it now the truck wont go in to any gear at all its stuck in park and wont go to any gear at all. is there something i could of done wrong to cause this because befor I replaced it it went in gear fine just wouldn't go in gear when push the gas.

my thoughts maybe screw is to tight some where? or do you have to bleed it how much trans fuild needs to be back in it? idk something went wrong when replacing it maybe the gasket is off lined? plz help me

Thanks for n e help

Old 06-04-2015, 07:00 AM

There must have been some reason for replacing the gasket, whatever it was.
Unless there is a particular reason for using a different gasket you ALWAYS lay the old gasket over the new one to make sure they are exactly the same. Did you do this, if not there could be a difference. If you did not replace the fluid lost during the change, that needs to be corrected.
Make sure all the pins for the electrical plugs are in the correct position, sometimes they can get pushed out when installing the plugs.

Last edited by hanky; 06-04-2015 at 07:03 AM.